Songs you don’t play at a funeral

/ Songs you don’t play at a funeral #62  
Wasn't That A Party? - The Irish Rovers

/ Songs you don’t play at a funeral #63  
How about "Bat Out of Hell" by Meatloaf . One of my favs from the past.

Jeff

/ Songs you don’t play at a funeral #65  
This is my favorite guitar intro of all time! i love to listen to this on my truck stereo. After 10 years without a radio in my Dodge p/u (stolen), I over did it with my Ford. Can you imagine your kids asking you to turn down the stereo? :)

thanks for the reminder! (y)

I blew out the speakers in my car with that song! :eek: :D Course, back then, the speakers in cars sucked, so it was easy to blow them out. Replaced the speakers and stereo so I could play Dire Straights even louder. I still remember that night I was driving the car, the road, it was cool out, the song and blowing the speakers. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Songs you don’t play at a funeral #66  
My father in law picked songs for his funeral.

One was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. (y)

After the service, I asked the preacher if he ever had a Pink Floyd song played before, and he said no, that was a first. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Songs you don’t play at a funeral #67  
Sorry for your loss Pine, my mother died of Stage 4 lung cancer last month in my arms. We all have loss, and I believe it is those that have a positive outlook on it are best suited to deal with it. Perhaps you need to talk to someone that can help you, or stay off of these forums if you are easily influenced by what you know are innocent and well intentioned comments. I dont believe for one minute anyone posting here meant hate towards others, except perhaps yours above.

I understand the need to lash out, so I forgive you for the personal attack. I in no way meant to wrong you with my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Songs you don’t play at a funeral #68  
No way! (I mean: “No way, man!”)
So many of their songs are about mortality and coming to terms with it.
Here’s the lyrics of just a few:

Box of Rain - Music by Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh, lyrics by Robert Hunter in response to a request from Lesh to help write a song he could sing to his dying father.
Powerful in an uplifting and deeply loving way.

Listen to this one even if you don't like the Grateful Dead.

/ Songs you don’t play at a funeral #69  
This will be played at my funeral (Lord willing)