Soooo This is how its done

/ Soooo This is how its done #21  
I'm not sure what you're on about. I never mentioned anything about tree-felling and how to go about it safely. My post was simply putting forward the fact that you can break a tractor by operating it like a monkey.

Yes, understood. No worries. I'm not sure most days either! The first part of my response wasn't a reply to "you", just rambling, but I see how it looks like it was. Only afterwards did I see your post and added the "P.S." reply. Peace out.

/ Soooo This is how its done #22  
I did a housing project that was in a grove of Eucalyptus trees, many of them 60 to 70 tall. We had to leave all the trees except those in the roads and building pads. The grading contractor brought in a Cat 977 to clear. The operator would come in and dig down 3’ to 4’ or so on one side to cut the roots and then just push the tree over in the exact spot he wanted it without hitting any other trees.

Did I mention that a Cat 977 weighs 50,000 lbs?

/ Soooo This is how its done #23  
Yes, understood. No worries. I'm not sure most days either! The first part of my response wasn't a reply to you. Just rambling. Only later did I see your post and added the "P.S." reply. Peace out.

Yeah - I see now how I misinterpreted that as a response to my post. :drink:

/ Soooo This is how its done #24  
What’s the big deal. My Kubota B7100 HST pushed over many trees in just that fashion with no damage. The bucket had been reinforced and had a very much larger sized cutting edge ( 1/2 x 6 in. ) welded on.

It works best if a trench is dug on the side you push from. Hopefully this cuts some roots. This method makes it easy to remove the root ball as you have the length of the fallen tree to push on for leverage. The root balls work well on a campfire.

5BCDF2F5-3F77-4BDA-8B0F-C966B9A3442E.jpeg7581B13F-9A23-4E7D-86F2-F1C8C77466DF.jpeg

/ Soooo This is how its done #25  
quite the camp fire. although not ideal for roasting marshmellows.

/ Soooo This is how its done #26  
What’s the big deal. My Kubota B7100 HST pushed over many trees in just that fashion with no damage. The bucket had been reinforced and had a very much larger sized cutting edge ( 1/2 x 6 in. ) welded on.

It works best if a trench is dug on the side you push from. Hopefully this cuts some roots. This method makes it easy to remove the root ball as you have the length of the fallen tree to push on for leverage. The root balls work well on a campfire.

View attachment 597464View attachment 597465

There's a line between "brush" and "tree". Pushing through some brush is fine. Pushing over a tree with an entire axle off the ground is a good way to end up stone dead.

It only has to go wrong once. It has to right every time. Not fun odds.

/ Soooo This is how its done #27  

View attachment 597464View attachment 597465
Wow, 1st pic looks amazing. Perfect camping spot. How's the fishing? Is that a small lake, or just a cove of a larger body of water. Can you give general location?
Yes, very jelly

/ Soooo This is how its done #28  
Most tractor work can be dangerous. A friend was pushing some brush, limp camp back, when thru his leg into his side. What saved him was his cell phone.
And i also have a dozer.

/ Soooo This is how its done #29  
Is the bucket level indicator supposed to be bent like that?
I feel sorry for whoever buys that tractor second hand.

/ Soooo This is how its done #30  
Did anybody scroll down and read the comments. Everybody is praising the tractor operator for pushing the tree down with the loader and snowflaking on anybody that mentions using a chainsaw, or what he did was unsafe.

There are a lot of idiots on youtube.