Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter

/ Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter #1  

buckybuckman

Tractor
Kubota
Hello -

Apologies if this has already been answered (I wasn't able to find the answer using search or Google). I am trying to figure out where manufacturers of "direct drive" hydraulic motor driven skid steer/excavator brush cutters/shredders are sourcing the cast iron bearing housings for the spindle shafts/blade carriers. I attached a few screenshots of what I'm talking about. Many of the oil bath style housings I've seen look to be the same basic design, and I'm sure most are sourcing them from one of the gearbox manufacturers. Does anyone know which one? Or are they getting them from Eaton or one of the hydraulic motor manufacturers? It almost looks like it's some sort of modified trailer axle hub obviously with a custom spindle/blade carrier depending on the brand. I'm wanting to design and build a super duty mower of some sort for mowing under barbed wire fences that haven't been maintained. I've tried the Wright PTO driven fence mower and it works ok but I want to build one for a skid steer that can swing away from t-posts and run parallel to the fence so you don't have to twist around looking behind you all day. I'm kind of a DIY guy. Thanks for any information.

Direct Drive Gearbox 1.pngDirect Drive Gearbox 2.pngDirect Drive Gearbox 8.pngDirect Drive Gearbox 9.pngDirect Drive Gearbox 10.pngDirect Drive Gearbox 11.pngDirect Drive Gearbox 12.png

/ Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter
No sooner than I posted this I think I figured it out, I spent 2 hours searching before posting on here and then I find it haha. For future reference it looks like Omni Gear is the source (see screenshots).

Omni 1.pngOmni 2.pngOmni 3.png

/ Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter #3  
I think if I was building something like that I would take a regular right angle mower gearbox and mount the hydraulic motor horizontal in place of the driveline to keep a lower profile.

/ Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter #5  
I think if I was building something like that I would take a regular right angle mower gearbox and mount the hydraulic motor horizontal in place of the driveline to keep a lower profile.

I agree you can pick them up pretty cheep on evilbay or a good tractor supply

/ Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter #6  
Recently I had my wheel bearing hubs changed on my car.
Those hubs looked just like what you describe/show.
Might they not work? and at a reasonable price also.

/ Source for Cast Iron Bearing Housing for Hydraulic Motor Driven Shredder/Brush Cutter #7  
(Not available on all designs, please inquire.) I searched a lot on google even I can't find that type of thing but make sure it would be costly but I want to say nothing because I haven't much knowledge of these types of things.