Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150 #1  

alexpops

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4150, CAT 303.5CR, Kubota ZD331
Anyone replaced one yet? LS seems to have changed (superceded) a bunch of part numbers related to the L3C19-T. I can't find a local dealer (within 60 miles) that returns phone calls. Either need a dealer that stocks 40333447 or its replacement, or the right cross reference to NH or Case. NH has two different numbers for the Boomer, and so does Case for the Farmall. Main spec difference seems to be kw (1.7 - 2.2), but not sure if the bolt holes line up the same.

NAPA gave me a cross to Wilson off of NH, but it looks like it's for the Shibaura, since Wilson shows a different number for the L3C19-T applications on their website.

I pulled the old starter, & she's froze solid. Ian flooded me, & seems to have rusted the starter shaft or bearings or shorted the windings. Solenoid kicks in, but motor won't spin, & bendix doesn't retract.

In short, need to know what'll fit & let me work while I try to track down the right part.

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150 #2  
Try Messicks with that part number.

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150 #3  
Do you have a starter repair shop in your area? My local auto starter repair shop was able to source a brand new starter for an Mitsubishi tractor at a VERY reasonable price. Of course the starter wasn't made by Mitsubishi.

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150 #4  
Messicks shows the MT40333447 as an obsolete item, which shows true with LS as well. According to LS, the new part number is 40370937 which when punched into Messicks, says has been replaced by MT40333447... SMH. Doing a quick search for other NH parts using both has not revealed much. This is kind of concerning.

My advise is to find a rebuild shop, or simply head to your nearest NH dealer parts guy and see what he says. Don't just call. Its harder to ignore someone when they are standing in front of you vs on the phone.

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150
Thanks. Bit of an update ... seems the original starter was underpowered as the specs went from 1.7 kw to 2.0 kw to 2.2 kw. So ... yeah, superceded numbers. Also ... appears this is a supply chain issue as well, as there is a back-order on the new part number at NH & limited availability with LS dealers. Messick's parts was very helpful, but none in stock. Wilson shows their rebuild replacement as out of stock. A few different #'s, 40006954 (superceded), 40334005 (current -- out of stock/back order/limited availability). Prices are wildly all over the place. NH lists at 500-600. LS lists at 354 & not a local stock item at any of the dealers I talked to. Amazon had aftermarkets available from DB Electrical (#ROTA0490) @ $275 & Rare Electrical (‎410-58109*2) @ $335 using the MT40334005 # in the search box.

1st time needing parts that aren't filters & this is a little concerning that something as simple as a starter is such a PITA to source quickly.

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150 #6  
Id just go aftermarket and be done with it. You might be surprised at the similar build quality of the aftermarket parts specially if they were made in Korea.

Already ordered & should be in a position to install it & actually get some hurricane clean-up going tomorrow.

/ Sourcing a Starter for 2016 xr4150 #8  
Please let us know if that starter doesn't work out.

Starter worked, back to grappling and chipping. The rare electric arrived quicker than the db electric. Db sent me a machined bushing instead of a starter, so dealing with amazon returns to try & resolve. Want to have a spare just in case.