South West Virginia

/ South West Virginia #21  
Hey, keep it down... you don't want to let everyone know...

Next thing you know... people with California license plates will start showing up... ;););)

Or Maryland.

/ South West Virginia #23  
You made the hike;)

Twice also. 2nd time I found out there’s a road and houses in the back side, could have drove up.

/ South West Virginia
We keep old school Garmins for the high country. Phone GPS works indefinitely if you have a destination programmed in. God help you if you don't.
I've still have my Delorme Atlas and Gazetter books. Even if they're older, they generally have enough information to get you by. It's also been a cows age since I used a topo map with compass to triangulate my position.

As I've gotten older, I tend to forget that I use to live by the "it's not about the destination, but about the journey" mentality. When we dated, my wife was amazed that I was never afraid of getting lost and admitting that I'm lost, and even asking someone for directions if I have to (now if you're out west, better make certain you have extra gas along with enough rations if you get lost, because there may be no one to ask LOL). Fact is, with work, the family and other obligations, I really don't have time to get lost :ROFLMAO:

/ South West Virginia #28  
Last edited:
   / South West Virginia #29  
Western Maryland gets a very bad rap due to Eastern Maryland ;)

I still think Western Maryland should get annexed by WV and in turn, WV gives up Eastern WV to Maryland or DC.

That gets discussed at times, at least the 2 western MD counties getting absorbed into WV. Eastern WV doesn’t want to join MD

In either case, my county wouldn’t, and I don’t see it actually happening. But a nice dream.

/ South West Virginia
That gets discussed at times, at least the 2 western MD counties getting absorbed into WV. Eastern WV doesn’t want to join MD
I use to live on the Maryland border when I lived in WV, but that town in Maryland I was close to was Friendsville LOL I had a co worker live in Cumberland MD, and I couldn't get over the mentality difference between Western and Eastern Maryland (eastern being east of Hagerstown). Honestly, just seemed like western Marylanders were more like West Virginians in their line of thinking.

The guy who did my stumps last year told me his daughter married and moved to Charles Town WV. He (guy grinding my stumps) didn't think highly of the area and I think I can understand why.

Last edited: