Sovema? Brand finish mowers

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #1  

hiddentacocatneddih

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 485DI
Looking for a 7 ft finish mower to go behind my mahindra 485. No local places have any used and prices start around $3000 new for the typical land pride, woods, and so on. But on CL I saw an add for a sovema brand down towards Memphis at $1900 new. Worth my time? Never heard of the brand

Finish Mower Three Point Hitch - farm & garden - by owner - sale

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #2  
SOVEMA is an Italian agriculture implement manufacturer.

I'd provide a link but they wanted me to agree to their 'cookies'... anyway, a Google search of the name will get you there.

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #3  
Sovema is a very good finish mower I’ve had one for about 20yrs and no problems. I think thereç—´ a guy in atoka Tn that sells them, may save you a little cash. Hereç—´ a link to his stuff.
Quick Attach 72" Grapple Bucket Heavy Duty Dual cylinders QA - farm & garden - by owner - sale.
There’s also a distribution center in Memphis, I know where it is but I don’t know the name. I had there card but can’t find it.
Found this on the web, might call them and get someone close to you that sells them.

SOVEMA FINISH MOWERS - Southwest Distributing Co.

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers
Cool I was afraid it was an off the wall Chinese brand. May give them a try

When googling the sovema finish mower manual , it brings up landstar brand. Same difference ? Looks like landstar was carried by northern tool

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #6  
Never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything. What you should do first before buying it is to try to find parts for it online. Can you get new belts for it, what about blades? Those are things that you will have to buy over time. Then what about replacement wheels? a new gearbox or spindle? I have a Landpride and while out mowing, I hit a partially buried stump that I didn't know about, and that I had mowed over several times, but for whatever reason, the mower blades where at just the right angle to find it. When that happened, everything attached to the blade blew up. I went to Landpride's website, looked up my model, printed out the parts diagram and then googled those part numbers. Turns out that Messicks had all the parts in stock, and they had the best prices. In just a few days, I had it back together and out mowing again. Kubota also sells Landpride and they will get any part that I need, but they cost a little more then Messicks, and take longer to get the parts.

If you cannot find the parts to the mower, do not buy it. If you can find the parts, check prices. Sometimes that's where things get crazy. I bought my finish mower used, and bought it because it was cheap, but in need of some work. Being able to find new tires and belts online is what sold me on buying it. If it had been another brand, and I could get the parts for it as easily, I would have bought it. I'm not brand loyal, but I do have to be able to fix it when it needs fixing!!

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #7  
Eddiewalker made a good point. The parts are available but I believe only though them. I bought some new blades for mine last yr and had to purchase from them at $35.00 ea.

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #8  
My neighbor has a Sovema, it came with the place he bought. Looks like it’s at least 10 years old. He doesn’t take very good care of it, but it still works well.

/ Sovema? Brand finish mowers #9  
I have found Italian agriculture implements are of high quality, I have a Del Morino finish mower that is built very well..

I figure I can get the belt length and just get belts from Amazon

Are blades specific on finish mowers? For my mower I just get some off Amazon.

I do most my shopping on Amazon so if I can't get what I need there then I don't buy it.