Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad.

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #1  

chucko

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx1800
The people across the road from me got a dog and chained it in the field. The only time it was ever been mowed or anything was when they went on vacation and I slipped over there and did it with an old tractor because I was sick of looking at it. Their yard it just as bad and full of junk. It was so bad I used a full size ford tractor while they were gone one time wish a bush hog.(and STALLED IT) Anyhow at first it was short chained in the sun with no food or water. My wife had some words with them now it is on a long rope and has food and water.
Now get this there is an old dog house out there from when they had a dog years ago but they chained the dog so it could not get to that dog house and it has rained for three days.
…Now they did offer to pay me to mow down the field but my wife said there was not way I was putting my new Bota in there and messing it up..
It gets better the man is a city cop and if I lived in the city I would get fined by the city cops for doing stuff he does all the time and most likely they would take my dog.
Anyhow I forsee these people getting real mad at me real soon because I can't and will not allow this to go on.

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #2  
Cop or no cop, he still has to follow laws.
Contact your County (or City) Animal Control Dept.
I don't know about your laws, but here, an animal must have food, water and shelter.
Take pictures or, better yet, a video of the situation: the location of food and water and the outstretched chain showing the animal can not get to shelter.
If that doesn't work, contact the Police Dept. and file a complaint of animal cruelty against the officer. At least that would get his supervisor involved in the situation.
Good luck.

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad.
Oh they are getting a call no dought about that but other than slap the people on the hand and a small fine the most they can really do is take to old dog and with him being old that mostlikely means they would end up putting him to sleep.
I think I will take care of this in "my own way" this weekend if that means me moving the dog out of the rain and feeding and watering him myself.. But whatever I do I will be sure they are pissed off when I get done

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #4  
I know this may not seem like the right way to go about it but, can you take the dog while they're gone? I would think this would be a last resort but, it would seem that if the dog were placed in a shelter a good distance away, maybe it could get a better life or even put down, there are worse things than death for a lot of animals (like the abuse you are witnessing). It would be nice if a phone call would cure the situation but, it rarely does. Here in NH the law requires shelter for pets. It does not quantify what is adequate shelter. Sub zero weather like we had in January & short haired dogs can be chained to a tree as long as there is a dog house. People can be very cruel. It's good that you have taken interest in the animal, we need more like you.

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #5  
Applauding your concern & willingness to help that poor dog. (insert clapping hands & standing ovation faces here)

Richard

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #6  
<font color="red">there is an old dog house out there from when they had a dog years ago </font>

Can you slip over while they are gone and move the house?
Or shoot the owner, no wait, that would be bad.

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #7  
Illegal, yes. Bad? maybe.

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #8  
Chucko -- We see a lot of this in rescue. Best situation is if the dog's tie down "happens" to come loose and the dog becomes a stray...and somehow finds a new home far away.

Best wishes, Pete
(And Molson, Glenfiddich, Tetley, Harley, Tuppence, Nasdaq, Mouse, Linux, Charlie, Fudge, Bunny and Guinness)

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad. #9  
Since we have gotton um a into to reaction area suggestions/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
How baout you catch him this weekend without his gun and chain him in the field for 3 days out in the rain.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Speaking of dogs, this just makes me mad.
Well the dog belong to his soon to be daugher-in-law that already lives with them. But by their no action I put them just as much at fault as her