Speed control pedal is not working

/ Speed control pedal is not working #1  

damiod

Tractor
Kubota BX1850
My problem started out with Kubota BX1850 not starting. I had problems with the pto safety switch so I replaced it. It started but when I turned the tractor off it wouldn't start again. Changed the battery, it started and I mowed some. Turned the tractor off, it wouldn't start again. I worked the speed control peddle back and forth, the tractor started, but now the tractor doesn't move. I'm not a mechanic. When I press the pedal in either direction I hear it engaging. The front end loader and attached brush mower are working. Any ideas on what to check to see if I can repair it myself. On a fixed budget so trying not to take it in for repairs.

/ Speed control pedal is not working #2  
From memory the BX1850 has a high - neutral - low lever for selecting gear range. Is this in neutral. Does it feel like you are changing ranges? Maybe look to see if lever is actually moving something on the side of the transaxle.

When I had my BX1850 I know the PTO stopped working and it was from mud and rocks preventing the lever from moving fully.