speed of a toolcat

/ speed of a toolcat #11  
my c and new d both slow down on my long not steep hill. surprised me also. just the nature of the beast. i don't think you will see a big change with hp management off. level ground mine gets up to 18 pretty quick.

the d does jerk more than the c switching from nl to rabbit mode.

ts

/ speed of a toolcat #12  
Hp management for key start units:

The key switch must be OFF and the engine stopped to enter setup mode.

Press and hold the SPEED/HOURS/RPM button until the display screen lights up. (display screen is the retangular box located between the temp and fuel gauges)

Press and hold the SPEED/HOURS/RPM button for 3 seconds.

(Each press of the SPEED/HOUR/RPM button while in the setup mode will toggle between the following screens: two-speed, high flow, horsepower management, and tire size.)

The display screen will show [HP 1] for enabled or [HP 0] for disabled. Press the WORK button to toggle between enabled or disabled.

To save selection, press and hold SPEED/HOURS/RPM button until [donE] appears on display screen to save and exit setup.

(To exit without saving, turn the key switch to run or wait 30 seconds without pressing any buttons.)

Hope that helps. Let me know how it works.

/ speed of a toolcat
I had my 5610 at the dealer to see if they could do something for the lack of speed. I am not sure what made the difference, but they had a new software update and they checked the horsepower management. Now it acts the same in rabbit as it does in normal speed, except the top speed is 18. Wow what a difference. It accelerates rapidly now and decelerates nicely. It no longer bogs down on grades and is much more predictable in rabbit mode, especially coasting to a stop. Also it will go 13 in reverse, before I think it went like 8.

/ speed of a toolcat
In my service manual (for a 5610), it is on page 60-90-1 under the horsepower management paragraph. It is a 2 sentence paragraph that tells how to enable or disable.

That page also discusses how to disable the 2 speed and high flow. Also tells how to adjust for tire size.

I was just rereading this and wondered what adjusting for tire size does?

/ speed of a toolcat #15  
Today I got mine on the road for the first time, going downhill (literally) and in high range full pedal and full throttle it only got up to 12.2 mph. Frustrating.

DEWFPO

/ speed of a toolcat #16  
Hp management for key start units:

The key switch must be OFF and the engine stopped to enter setup mode.

Press and hold the SPEED/HOURS/RPM button until the display screen lights up. (display screen is the retangular box located between the temp and fuel gauges)

Press and hold the SPEED/HOURS/RPM button for 3 seconds.

(Each press of the SPEED/HOUR/RPM button while in the setup mode will toggle between the following screens: two-speed, high flow, horsepower management, and tire size.)

The display screen will show [HP 1] for enabled or [HP 0] for disabled. Press the WORK button to toggle between enabled or disabled.

To save selection, press and hold SPEED/HOURS/RPM button until [donE] appears on display screen to save and exit setup.

(To exit without saving, turn the key switch to run or wait 30 seconds without pressing any buttons.)

Hope that helps. Let me know how it works.

Thanks Radman1, I'm going to turn off the HP Mgmt and let you know if there's any difference.

DEWFPO

/ speed of a toolcat #17  
I was just rereading this and wondered what adjusting for tire size does?

I believe adjusting for tire size, will give the correct mph readout.

/ speed of a toolcat #18  
Today I got mine on the road for the first time, going downhill (literally) and in high range full pedal and full throttle it only got up to 12.2 mph. Frustrating.

DEWFPO

If the TC is going too fast downhill, the hp management will slow down the TC. It is to prevent overreving of the engine. However, I don't think mine slows down to 12 mph going downhill. I can peak at near 19 mph before it starts to slow when going downhill.

/ speed of a toolcat #19  
speed has been big concern, some times i will need to drive toolcat 15 miles one way with 1 long up hill climb (half to 1 mile) from home to fields, gravel country road so not much traffic. also what set up do you recommend for 5610 to do mowing now (considering 90 inch deck) and in couple years try cutting and bailing hay. and what should i expect to pay thank you

/ speed of a toolcat #20  
I read a post on Plowsite concerning the TC speed. The poster had his Bobcat dealer reflash the computer and his TC could do 25 mph. I believe they somehow told the computer that the TC had a different tire size and was able to make it go faster.

As far as finish mowing, I would definitely consider the 90 mower over the 72" mower.