Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion?

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
After 3 repair tries I'm ready to scrap our 6 year old Fisher/Paykel washer/dryer set and buy something else. I've researched all the new electronic Government mandated low water crap :confused2:eek:ut there and decided I don't want a washer that is smarter then me! It looks like Speed Queen still makes an old style agitator machine (although it is lower water use then before) in the USA!:thumbsup:
Any opinions of this brand?

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #2  
We have been happy with our midline Speed Queen for about 2 years now. Others have noted on another thread that SQ is not what it once was, but it seems to be a good, basic washer. We have a GE dryer, so I cannot comment on those.

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #3  
:)Nothing is what it once was.:)

Hate to see you have to buy new unless that's just you want yo do. I've been keeping the old Maytag pair running good for over twenty years.

Good luck :thumbsup:

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #5  
I've had pretty good luck with Kenmore stuff. I avoid digital controls & get the old fashioned kind of controls.

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #6  
Speed queen also makes commercial top loaders that are about the same price as the new consumer front loaders. Having purchased the consumer front loader, they are not worth the money and they are SLOW.

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #7  
Ok I will throw in my 2 centavos. we bought the LG top loading agitator-less washer and matching dryer in gunmetal gray from Lowes. about a year and 1/2 ago. and it has been the absolute best washer dryer combo we have ever owned. It is all digital control. extremely quiet, and most importantly it gets the clothes clean. We are very pleased with them.

James K0UA

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #8  
I believe that maytag new owns/ makes S Q & whirlpool makes the kenmore. Some kenmore parts are proprietary.

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #9  
We have had a Maytag refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and water in the door and we have spent as much in 8 yrs on repairs as we gave for it initially. No more Maytags for us. We are leaning toward a new LG front load washer/dryer set and a LG side by side refrigerator. Any input on the front load washer dryers by LG? Ken Sweet

/ Speed Queen Washer/Dryer opinion? #10  
Don't know about the LG, but I am not impressed with the Whirlpool front load washer. It might be fine if you are just washing office clothes (i.e., not really dirty), but with real work clothes you have to set it on the longest cycle and double rinse to do the job, and that takes 2+ hours.