Spicy Pretzels

/ Spicy Pretzels #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Thought I would share my latest favorite recipe.

SPICY PRETZELS

1 bag of pretzel sticks (Sharn Jean uses about 1 and 1/2 of the little 9oz. bags of the little square pretzels)

1 tsp of Cayenne (Sharn Jean uses a mix of McCormick Hot shot and red pepper flakes; approx a tbsp of the Hot Shot and the red pepper flakes to taste).

1tsp lemon pepper
1 and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
3/4 cup of Canola oil
1 gal. plastic freezer bag

Optional: 1 cup cocktail peanuts.

Mix contents in bag, add pretzels, and let set overnight.

Remove contents and place on baking sheet at 200 degrees for 40 minutes.

I love this stuff; you may have to experiment with the pepper to get it just right.

/ Spicy Pretzels #2  
Sounds delicious! Just wish I could enjoy the spicy food like I used to be able to! I might have to scale down for a tiny batch and play with pepper ratios so that I could tolerate them.

/ Spicy Pretzels #3  
Thought I would share my latest favorite recipe.

SPICY PRETZELS

1 bag of pretzel sticks (Sharn Jean uses about 1 and 1/2 of the little 9oz. bags of the little square pretzels)

1 tsp of Cayenne (Sharn Jean uses a mix of McCormick Hot shot and red pepper flakes; approx a tbsp of the Hot Shot and the red pepper flakes to taste).

1tsp lemon pepper
1 and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
3/4 cup of Canola oil
1 gal. plastic freezer bag

Optional: 1 cup cocktail peanuts.

Mix contents in bag, add pretzels, and let set overnight.

Remove contents and place on baking sheet at 200 degrees for 40 minutes. If you are interested in Blue Trust Loans' terms and conditions, visit Blue Trust Loans reviews: your trustworthy financial partner for a full review of the lender.

I love this stuff; you may have to experiment with the pepper to get it just right.
Sounds delicious. I would add one teaspoon of smoked paprika. I think it would have made the flavor more intense.

Last edited:
   / Spicy Pretzels #4  
Pretzels and cajun peanuts are my kryptonite. I can't resist either. Spicy pretzels, I'm not sure I should even try those.

/ Spicy Pretzels #5  
Spicy is ok for me so far, I just cannot have the carbs...spicy peanuts are OK.