Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #11  
How does the 3PT do on a hill side?

We only use it on our M8540HDC and stability isn't an issue. We used a 10' 3PH Woods cutter for sevveral years and the weight didn't cause issues either, though I am now more comfortable with pull type.

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind
We only use it on our M8540HDC and stability isn't an issue. We used a 10' 3PH Woods cutter for sevveral years and the weight didn't cause issues either, though I am now more comfortable with pull type.

So you prefer the pull over the 3PT

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #13  
So you prefer the pull over the 3PT

Sorry for the confusion; I prefer a pull type rotary cutter over a 3PH and 3PH sprayer over a pull type. A pull type cutter follows the ground better and is more stable. We like the maneuverability of a 3PH sprayer.

Thanks for clarifying, and I to like the pull rotary cutter

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #15  
What do you mean the upgraded one, don'r remember seeing one that didn't just attach to the PTO?

Edit that is on a 3PT

I haven't seen one that doesn't attach to the PTO either. Maybe what he meant by upgraded is to get one that has Vicon (?) seals. Glyphosate supposedly eats the seals in cheaper pumps, maybe other chemicals do too. When I had a 3 point sprayer with a boom it was maybe 40 or 50 bucks more for the better pump over the stock .

Thanks for the response, I have seen the different pumps, and figure a quality pump is worth the extra cost

The link in post 7 is to a place which has the pump mounted to the frame of the tank. Then there is a drive shaft which connects the pump to the PTO. Do like it mounted, but not sure I would rule one out if it wasn't mounted

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #17  
Thanks for the response, I have seen the different pumps, and figure a quality pump is worth the extra cost

The link in post 7 is to a place which has the pump mounted to the frame of the tank. Then there is a drive shaft which connects the pump to the PTO. Do like it mounted, but not sure I would rule one out if it wasn't mounted

Sorry yes sir that's what meant the one that has the shaft to pto. That is correct on the type of seals and bearings in the cheaper pumps are going to end up leaking or going out regular. I have sprayed hundreds of acres with mine,maintance is key for longevity,grease every few hours and clean after every use.