Sprayer mount for my mower

/ Sprayer mount for my mower #1  

dstig1

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC, JD X738 Mower, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)
I had plenty of leftover stainless (304) from my railing project, so I figured why not use it to make a mount for a sprayer on the back of my mower. I picked up a 26 gal broadcast and spot sprayer for the 2,4-d and other stuff and a smaller 10 gal spot sprayer just for glyphosphate. I made this platform to mount them on the back of my X738 Deere mower. Nice practice for TIG welding also, even though I'm not sure I'm really getting any better at it... The tubing is 1x2 1/8" and the angle is 1-1/2" x 1/8". The platform is some 14 ga that was bent for a kind-of toe-kick on my screen porch railings to seal them off. I had leftover so cut that up for this.

Some photos...
Start of the frame
Sprayer frame started (Large).jpg

Completed frame
Sprayer mount complete (1) (Large).jpg
Sprayer mount complete (2) (Large).jpg

Mounted to the mower
Sprayer mount complete (3) (Large).jpg

...And mounted to the mower with the big sprayer
Sprayer mounted (2) (Large).jpg
Sprayer mounted (3) (Large).jpg

And finally the little one.
Sprayer mounted (4) (Large).jpg
Sprayer mounted (5) (Large).jpg

/ Sprayer mount for my mower #2  
Excellent work! That should serve you well for many years.

/ Sprayer mount for my mower #3  
I can just see wheelie time with full tank.....

Also put 50 hose on spray wand, on my property there is a lot of places I want to spray that can not be reach off tractor seat and 10 foot hose that came with my unit was way to short.... Be sure to add some sort of rack to wrap hose around for storage... Anyway some sort of hose storage/management is must even with short hose...

Dale

/ Sprayer mount for my mower
I have to add front weights to compensate for the filled tank. I don't have them yet but will before I use it as it would be very unstable on my property otherwise. Wheelie time as you say... The hose is already on there wrapped on a hook on the end of the tank on the far side. They come with enough hose for my place. If you needed more, that might be an issue to sort out.

/ Sprayer mount for my mower #5  
Nice fab Job...

/ Sprayer mount for my mower
Thanks guys!