Spring Cleanup Anyone?

/ Spring Cleanup Anyone? #11  
$1129 for MTL 48" grapple. I have one on my L2501. Huge labor saver. Compact Tractor 48"-54"-60" HD Root Grapple Hydraulic - quick attach — MTL Attachments

Manual diverter valve from Tractor Innovations $595. Mahindra Remote Hydraulic Kits | TractorInnovations

I used forks for years thinking a grapple was too much money. I now believe I made a big mistake because if I had bought the grapple years ago it would have been cheaper and I could have been using it all this time. You can compress material with the grapple lid. Easier to clamp onto a pile of limbs from a tree top and crush them into a more manageable pile.
I paid less for an electric diverter valve and you can put the switch on the joystick for easy activation from Summit Hydraulics. I'm glad I bought my grapple when I did. I believe the price has doubled as everything else has except my pension.

/ Spring Cleanup Anyone? #12  
Tractor Innovations was less than Summit when I bought mine plus I didn't want an electric solenoid.

I may post a picture when I get time, but I've already moved enough tree debris to more than offset the cost of a grapple and valve even at 2022's inflated prices.

/ Spring Cleanup Anyone? #13  
Our cleanup was less than 2 years ago and more than last year. I guess we saw an average cleanup year in Blue Ridge of SW Virginia.

Over the last 2 years, we have lost a bunch of Oaks. Many were along the driveway so those were taken down. Now I have a huge pile to cut and split for firewood.

/ Spring Cleanup Anyone? #14  
I've moved much more than this, but this is one example of a 7-8' tall pile from 7 or 8 trees over the past six weeks. I wouldn't have been able to compact the pile this tightly without compacting the limbs with the grapple.

brush.jpg