Spring fun

/ Spring fun #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
Just a little spring cleaning painted up four-year-old Woods mower probably going to sell it to get a bigger deck 72 was big for my 40 but not for my 60 also cleaned up snowblower so it's all setup for next season look at me already thinking about snow, And just a few shots of yardwork cleaning up limbs and debris from December's ice storm in upstate New York, it's hard to believe it's almost time to start mowing again :-( even with the cab it still work ;-).

Attachments

• Woods 72.jpg
    Woods 72.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 191
  • tractor mower.jpg
    tractor mower.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Bracco Spring 09.jpg
    Bracco Spring 09.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Bracco in the air.jpg
    Bracco in the air.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 249
   / Spring fun #2  
Nice looking log carriage! Is that Bradco? Does it need extra hydraulic connections? Is it quick attach? How much can it lift? How do you like it? Do you mind saying what it cost?

/ Spring fun
Nice looking log carriage! Is that Bradco? Does it need extra hydraulic connections? Is it quick attach? How much can it lift? How do you like it? Do you mind saying what it cost?
yes, yes, yes, what ever your loader can lift, i can't imagine living with out it, the only problem its heavy 725 pounds. So it takes away from your lift capacity,on my TC40DA i knew it was their, but not so much on the 2420. Bradco are known to be on the higher price range, about four grand but i think its worth it.

/ Spring fun #4  
Hey RADIUM,

How did you plumb your grapple???, we are looking at
a rock bucket and grapple for our T2220. How do you control
the grapple also?? Thanks.

/ Spring fun #6  
Thanks for the info. Now I have more ?'s :D
Where are your extra connections?

When did you get your T2420? We're looking at a new '08 with loader and other stuff. Trying to figure how much we should be paying. The quote we've been given seems a bit high. So, risking being a nosy pest, would you mind saying how much you paid (before taxes and fees)? I've found it very difficult to dig out any prices on the 'net and we live pretty remotely, so we only have one NH dealer within 150 miles of us.

/ Spring fun
That's fine I don't mind answering questions, by extra connections I'm assuming the extra remotes the tractor can have three I have two one regular remote open or closed, and one Dent remote that locks in the open position which is very useful for implements that require a continuous flow of fluid, like my rock wind-rower hydraulically driven. Last spring I traded in a TC 40 about two years old to get a cab and a little more horsepower for the fieldwork. As far as prices go it's really tough, it depends on location time of year. without the trade I figured my tractor 2420 SSS, loader ,two remotes, loaded tires ,block heater, and a connection on the loader for the grapple about $34,500.00. A few pictures you will see the extra connection that runs the grapple it snakes underneath the tractor and I put an extra set of connections on the side of the loader frame, that way when you disconnect the loader you don't have to pull the lines out from underneath the tractor that go to the back remotes makes life easy. when you're dealing with the dealer make sure he understands things are bad out there I hate to say this but take advantage of the bad economy make sure he gives you a good interest rate and a better price ;-) also remember package deals are a pain in @#@# to figure out what you're really paying tell them you want separate prices, or just the price of the tractor with a loader. two other things if you get the SSS transmission make sure they have updated the cab mounts to the harder composition without them feathering the clutch during loader work is impossible, they change my front mounts which is part of the recall only on the SSS models, but just two weeks ago I had them replace the back mounts for the same reason they were too soft making the cab bounce. If you are ever going to use category two implements move the back tires out a few settings or the three-point hitch lift arms will hit the tires. Well that's about all I can think about tonight it's a very good running tractor if you check some of my posts you will see how much work I've been doing with my perfect size to power really no complaints at all with the tractor more with new Holland and certain ways they handled me in situations that arose during the year of ownership but I would still recommend the tractor to anyone. Take care and good luck

Attachments

• quick disconnect.jpg
    quick disconnect.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 136
  • front connection.jpg
    front connection.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 117
  • rear remotes.jpg
    rear remotes.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 141
   / Spring fun #8  
Thanks for all the info. That's good to know about the cab mounts. We're leaning more and more toward the 2420, hope we can scrounge up the cash. Hope it's still there by the time we do! If I have more ?'s I know who to come to! :D