Square bales in the rain….

/ Square bales in the rain…. #11  
Heck the cows will eat it and the mushrooms certainly don't care. That's the chance we take every time we cut, danged if you do and danged if you don't.

/ Square bales in the rain…. #12  
Heck the cows will eat it and the mushrooms certainly don't care. That's the chance we take every time we cut, danged if you do and danged if you don't.
I'm not a veterinarian, nor a farmer, but i seem to remember my dad saying moldy hay negatively effected cattle weight gain and general health. I do gather mushrooms to eat, and seems like there is quite a bit of caution about eating the wrong ones, are cattle immune to "bad" mushrooms?

/ Square bales in the rain…. #13  
You're right moldy hay isn't the best for any situation that I'm aware of, a horse certainly won't touch it.

/ Square bales in the rain…. #14  
A cow's stomach is about as tough as they come, but they will sort out what they can't handle. I had a healthy patch of poison ivy and fenced some steers around it. They ate all of the poison ivy and it didn't come back after they were done with it.

/ Square bales in the rain…. #15  
That's what I call earning your keep, something I don't see of the wife's horses.;)