squeaky wheel with no place to grease.

/ squeaky wheel with no place to grease. #1  

gsxrsquid

Bronze Member
S-370D Left rear wheel squeaks. No place I can see to add grease. I am wondering if it is the brake dragging. Do I have to pull the hwole axle housing to check the brake? I never really use the brakes anyway. I think I need a return spring but will need it to cool down to check. It is already summer in NW Bama.

/ squeaky wheel with no place to grease. #2  
Brakes on the front wheels?

If there's no grease points I assume it's 4WD, is it supposed to be oil bathed and if so is it?

/ squeaky wheel with no place to grease.
Brakes on the front wheels?

If there's no grease points I assume it's 4WD, is it supposed to be oil bathed and if so is it?
Yes 4 WD. Grease point on the front. I haven't had it long so I need to find out where the points are for adding fluids. Looks like I am going to have to start taking things apart.

/ squeaky wheel with no place to grease. #4  
Rear wheel bearing is generally lubricated by the transmission fluid, kind of like a car or truck. If it's getting hot it may well be a brake dragging. Contact Valley Power and they can provide info and possibly a manual. They're also a source for parts. They're in Roanoke, VA.

/ squeaky wheel with no place to grease.
Thanks. The more I think about it, it is probably the brakes. I will open them up and see what wonders are inside. :D