SSQ Bucket falls off

/ SSQ Bucket falls off
Here are a couple of photos. If you see an issue that I missed please let me know.

Attachments

• B2.JPG
    B2.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 312
  • B3.JPG
    B3.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 304
  • B4.JPG
    B4.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 304
  • B1.JPG
    B1.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 304
   / SSQ Bucket falls off
This photo shows a small gap between the quick attach and the bucket. The metal bracket with the slot does not appear bent and it doesn't look like this can be adjusted.InkedB2_LI.jpg

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #23  
Try adjusting the nut at the top of spring on the pin. Make sure your getting plenty of pressure applied so that the bucket and pin connection points are staying tight.

Or that the springs are not wore out and have plenty of strength to hold the pin down.

Last edited:
   / SSQ Bucket falls off #24  
id be doing some fabricating to fix that thing but thats just how i roll - id be frustrated with 7 times, id make sure it doesnt come off - im thinking you need to add another layer of 3/8 material on tip of the loop that the pin goes down through

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #25  
This photo shows a small gap between the quick attach and the bucket. The metal bracket with the slot does not appear bent and it doesn't look like this can be adjusted.View attachment 607016

Also on the 3rd picture from the left I can see day light or grass in this case between the face of the pin taper and the bucket. Is there an adjustment to lengthen the throw of the pin ? There is on mine. I can't see very well how much pin engagement you have. But I agree with searcyfarms and would be welding on some pads and reinforcement to tighten it up. The way it is now you can pull the bucket forward because of the pin gap which increases the gap you pointed out and then just lift it up so the top hooks come undone and the bucket falls off.

gg

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #26  
Gordon, it doesn't look like his pins engage deeply like yours? Looks like he only has a 1/2" or less of pin holding the bucket. Looks like his pin sleeves are set too far rearward toward tractor. But how could that happen?

I'm really surprised by now that he's not twisted his torsion tube. If one side slips out and the other side hangs on, that will be the end result.....

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #27  
There should be a block of steel just above the locking pin when it is locked in. The early buckets did not have them and the pin could raise up and the bucket come loose. My L3130 did not have them, but the L4240 and up has them.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #28  
There should be a block of steel just above the locking pin when it is locked in. The early buckets did not have them and the pin could raise up and the bucket come loose. My L3130 did not have them, but the L4240 and up has them.

You are right Leejohn.!!!!! I didn't even consider that that might be missing. Atchuuu, he is talking about the top of the pin bolt where the spring and nut is. When you push the handle down to lock the bucket the top of the pin cams over and rotates to the side. When it rotates to the side it should move under a block welded on the SSQA pad so it can't be pushed straight up because hitting the block will stop it.

gg

Last edited:
   / SSQ Bucket falls off #29  

lol thats what i said needed to be fabricated - break out the welder

/ SSQ Bucket falls off

I have read your reply multiple times and I am not understanding what I am missing on the bucket. The arms are not popping out of position and the pins remain in the lowered position and the bucket is still coming off.

Thanks to all for your help and interest in this thread. Hope I can get it figured out. Will post a reply with the solution when I do.