SSQA, From the Seat Release

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #31  
Glad to see others are interested in an SSQA remote control! FYI, I just released Part 2 of the Building an Inexpensive SSQA Remote Control video series:

I hope you find it helpful. Thanks for your interest in it!

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #32  
I approve this message (y) Nice video on a great job modding, explaining, and teaching here.
Don't forget to like this video on You Tube, Guys.

Last edited:
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #33  
Whats really cool is having the choice between hydraulic quick release from the seat and still having hydraulic outlet function on the loader.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #34  
I thought about making one of these years ago, but then decided against it for reason stated above….dont switch implements often enough.

a friend of mine owns 2 excavators. One has hydraulic bucket coupler, one doesn't. For that vehicle, i wouldnt leave home without the hydraulic latch. Way, way easier. Think its called exchange or something like that. On bobcat excavator.

but who knows. One day i may get bored and add it to my tractor system. But id have to be pretty bored.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #35  
Someone has perhaps mentioned this but it seems that 3rd function and hydraulic SSQA go hand in hand. Most implements don't require 3rd function so the the hoses stay "quick connected" to the SSQA. Then, when a grapple, for example, is attached and the SSQA is "engaged" the two hoses are then switched to the grapple, right? Removing the grapple then moves the hoses to the SSQA.

I can see the economy of the electric actuated SSQA but if you're going to have the 3rd function why not make use of it on the SSQA clamping? It gives you a clean place to store the hoses and quick couplers when not using the 3rdF, right? The hoses have to be handled regardless when mounting and dismounting a 3rdF attachment.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #36  
I would do this by size/weight of attachments. Heavy things like big buckets, harley rakes, snowplows are easier to scoop or hook onto, then push a button and lock. The also “stay put” on the ground because they‘re heavy and wont keep nudging forward when you try to hook them up.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #37  
Good point! I think you're saying that a person could engage the SSQA locks from the seat while keeping forward "push" on the attachment.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #38  
Someone has perhaps mentioned this but it seems that 3rd function and hydraulic SSQA go hand in hand. Most implements don't require 3rd function so the the hoses stay "quick connected" to the SSQA. Then, when a grapple, for example, is attached and the SSQA is "engaged" the two hoses are then switched to the grapple, right? Removing the grapple then moves the hoses to the SSQA.

I can see the economy of the electric actuated SSQA but if you're going to have the 3rd function why not make use of it on the SSQA clamping? It gives you a clean place to store the hoses and quick couplers when not using the 3rdF, right? The hoses have to be handled regardless when mounting and dismounting a 3rdF attachment.
It's very common for loaders in Europe to have 3rd and 4rd function, mostly used with a logging grapple to open/close and rotate left/right but there a lot more uses too. One of these circuits can indeed stay dedicated to an hydraulic quick attach lock.

Since most 3rd functions are done with diverter valves, it's very easy to add more functions on the loader since with most diverter valves you can just stack them together and just needs a couple of extra quick connects and wires.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #39  
Good point! I think you're saying that a person could engage the SSQA locks from the seat while keeping forward "push" on the attachment.
or lift it with upper attachment point, roll it back and shoot your pins or wedges

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #40  
Whats really cool is having the choice between hydraulic quick release from the seat and still having hydraulic outlet function on the loader.

My skid steer has a dedicated hydraulic function for the latch. I can latch and unlatch the bucket and still maintain full use of my auxiliary lines. Which isn’t a big deal all in itself but it doesn’t require switching anything around to use either function.