SSQA plate to three point adapter?

/ SSQA plate to three point adapter? #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Wondering if anyone's ever built, or bought an adapter to hook a QA SS implement to hook on back of a tractors three point. Like a three point SS built land plane? Most use of a land plane on a SS is back dragging any way, in my experience. Only thing I've ever found was a QA attachment to hook a three. point tractor implement to a skid steer. I built one four years ago but the QA pins would never hold like I wanted them to, recently modified it to fit my tractors quick hitch after I sold my SS and every attachment besides an 84" landplane. My yooper rigged hose hanger is just temporary had pretty good results after practice with the hydraulic top link, able to put a little crown in driveway and trails with manually adjustable side link on tractor. Total cost 100 bucks for QA brackets 4 yrs ago, scrap steel, and 7018 rod. Still completely usable on a skid steer if I sell, remove two bolts and put flat face couplers back on. The pipe on lower arm of adapter to quick hitch is sleeved 6" into pipe with hardened pins I had lying around.

Attachments

• KIMG0888.JPG
    KIMG0888.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • KIMG0895.JPG
    KIMG0895.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 116
  • 16535732008558581478475473978369.jpg
    16535732008558581478475473978369.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • 16535732614152779958937467800956.jpg
    16535732614152779958937467800956.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
   / SSQA plate to three point adapter?
Darn it 😂 oh well 4 yrs ago I swear I couldn't find one. Thanks though. I'm pretty sure that's lighter, easier to attach, and use than my over built contraption, the prices on some would make it cost prohibitive in my case. I think I could buy a 7' box blade for the price of some of those adapters anyway.

Last edited:
It does do a pretty nice job though. Before and after.
KIMG0899.JPG
KIMG0898.JPG

/ SSQA plate to three point adapter? #6  
I've built a couple SSQA to 3pt adapters, going the other way. SSQA plate then just weld a cheap Harbor Freight (or usually garage sale) 3pt Quick Hitch on. Parts arecaround $50 each at garage sales if you are patient. Double or triple that new. You can buy them pre-made for $400ish. But if I recall the QH ones are superior to hitch up, at least if you don't have top hook clearance issues.

My first one was the mounting point for a snow plow. Sold with the old tractor & plow. I built the new one just for moving & loading other impliments.

Thought about one to put a bucket or forks on the 3pt, but never gotten around to it. Couple hundred for the male SSQA mechanism, which is to expensive for me (or to much effort to fab up myself).

View attachment 747988View attachment 747989View attachment 747990
IMG_20150117_153817.jpg

/ SSQA plate to three point adapter? #7  
I've built a couple SSQA to 3pt adapters, going the other way. SSQA plate then just weld a cheap Harbor Freight (or usually garage sale) 3pt Quick Hitch on.
Good idea and I recommend building in some extra rollback like the adapter has that I bought from Washburn Company:
P3310007m.jpg

/ SSQA plate to three point adapter? #8  
Good idea and I recommend building in some extra rollback like the adapter has that I bought from Washburn Company:
View attachment 747996
I don't disagree in principle. Not much roll back in my units. But it will tilt the unit past 90 degrees down.

Any extra angle pushes the impliment further out & decreases capacity a bit. Pointing the unit down & hanging my heavy flail vertically means I can lift it. But it pointing straight out is to much for my loader to lift. More curl past vertical would be handy than all the dump range I have.

If you ever work under the loader, make sure there are mechanical locks or supports. If I ever work on my flail while it's dangling I prop up the loader with some 2x4s that will take the weight. Hydraulics aren't reliable for safety & need backups if you will be under there.

/ SSQA plate to three point adapter? #9  
I'll agree with adding the roll back angle,
I didn't and could have used it sometimes;
ssqa 4.jpg

I've seen lots of three point implement to SSQA adapters when I was looking 4 yrs ago. My goal was to keep the ss landplane as unmolested as possible and be able to hook it to a tractor three point which I was able to do, minus two 5/8" bolt holes. there are quite a few adapters for SSQA to hold three point implements some even have a hydraulic motor hookup for a PTO shaft. Personally wish I would have been more actively involved in tbn before I committed to build my contraption 4yrs ago in the first place as I'm sure like a lot of folks after a small or large project is done you always find a better way to do or build something. Like i said my SS landplane works good probably better than a box blade imo, for my usage on a L4150s tractor three point with a hydraulic top link.