Stake pocket stabilizers?

/ Stake pocket stabilizers?
The stake pockets should be strong enough. Isn't that where most guys anchor there chains or straps to when tying down?
Thats where I tie down but its not holding the majority of the weight of the tractor and its 4 stake pockets used when securing the tractor. Same when I have a car on the trailer. One strap at each corner.

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #12  
The stake pockets should be strong enough. Isn't that where most guys anchor there chains or straps to when tying down?

Yep...

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #15  
The cheapest way is a small floor jack throw it down in the center rear of the trailer and jack it up to take the loading weight,
when loaded drop it and throw it on the tongue or where ever it's handy.
Other wise your idea will work once you have figured out how high off the ground to pin the legs before you load :thumbsup:

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #16  
They don't have to be on the ground. They can be a few inches off the ground and then the trailer will just tilt a little. I havent had any issues with the bricks yet. They are just a pita

That’s when you realize the back of the trailer tilting down a little means the tongue lifts the rear of the truck and you discover you’re parked on a slope. The trucks front tires do nothing to hold the vehicle from rolling when in Park.

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #17  
Thatç—´ when you realize the back of the trailer tilting down a little means the tongue lifts the rear of the truck and you discover youæ±*e parked on a slope. The trucks front tires do nothing to hold the vehicle from rolling when in Park.

40+ years ago I had a rig called a "Mico Lock" which would hydraulically lock all 4 wheel brakes.
Worked great with a heavy boat on trailer, and steep slippery ramp.
Looks like it is still being made/sold.
$400 now, on E-Bay.

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #18  
I have this on my F600 it is awesome although a little sketchy having the main brake like ran through the cab to the little lever lock

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #19  
Minco has numerous brake lock systems and they have had them for a great many years from lever locks to electric locks.
They are a good locking device, did find one issue a few decades back with vacuum boosted brakes if you had real good vacuum in your booster and set your brakes with the electric lock you could have problems getting it to release as after flipping the switch off you had to apply greater pressure to the brake system then was applied when you set it as the 0ne way check had to be released by the greater pressure.

Brake Locks | MICO, Inc.

/ Stake pocket stabilizers? #20  
Minco has numerous brake lock systems and they have had them for a great many years from lever locks to electric locks.
They are a good locking device, did find one issue a few decades back with vacuum boosted brakes if you had real good vacuum in your booster and set your brakes with the electric lock you could have problems getting it to release as after flipping the switch off you had to apply greater pressure to the brake system then was applied when you set it as the 0ne way check had to be released by the greater pressure.

Brake Locks | MICO, Inc.

Absolutely!!!! With the electric version you need to pay attention to how "tight" you set the brakes.

The mechanical version doesn't matter since it's a valve/lever. Down side as mentioned is brake fluid plumbed into the cab.