Starter Issue

/ Starter Issue #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
My R3039H is having what I think is a starter issue. When I turn the ignition switch, sometimes nothing happens, then if I keep turning it back and forth, it sounds like the drive is not engaging.
The engine does not turn at all. The battery is fully charged. It's not just a click, it's more of solid sound, like the drive is trying to engage. Any ideas??
Thanks

/ Starter Issue #2  
If your battery is good (have it load tested - they can be fully charged but not able to engage a starter) and all terminals are clean (as well as frame ground) check the tightness of your starter bolts. You should check your solenoid as well. If all of this is good it MAY be the starter. Always explore the cheaper fixes first.

/ Starter Issue #3  
Once you have verified you have a known good, fully charged and load tested battery, try shorting across the battery terminal and the solenoid. If it cranks, take a look at your safety interlocks.

Had a similar sounding problem on my R3039 a few years ago and all it was was that the PTO switch was not fully in the off position!

/ Starter Issue
I'll check that, but I never use the pto?

/ Starter Issue #5  
Did you figure out what was happening? I seem to be having the same issue but with a MT 125.
Did your glow plug indicator come on when you turned to the ignition position?