starter ropes

/ starter ropes #1  

radioman

Tractor
Kubota BX24
Sigh! I realized I have to replace starter ropes in half the engines I have that uses a pull start. they range from 2 cycle chainsaws to kitty cat snowmobile, wood chipper, gas blower and a skidoo snowmobile.

I am confused with the size of 3 and half, 4 and half etc. Does it really matter withsize 3 or 4? Also I seen some ropes with a diamond ink printed on it- what does it mean? Most of the old starter ropes I have looks like they measure 3/16th thick.

I want to buy 100 foot roll to have some on hand for future and start replacing ropes in almost everything I got. I beleive I could eat up 50 ft easy. I could be wrong though. Has anyone done this ? Any tips, ideas ? So far 3 and half ropes sold on ebay seems to be best buy at 13 bucks a roll or so.

/ starter ropes #2  
I know on my Stihl hedge trimmer and blower they use a pretty small starter rope. The shop gave me the wrong size for the trimmer and I couldn't even begin to get it through the hole on the starter pulley.

Good luck finding 'one size fits all' starter rope.

/ starter ropes #3  
I bought two different sizes in the rolls and can't remember what the sizes they are but I am covered on eveything in the arsenal, it is very nice to be able to fix it right then and there.
I looked for several hrs online searching starter ropes since there are so many different sizes, it is confusing.