Starting problems just click without trying to start

/ Starting problems just click without trying to start #1  

Dave7245

Tractor
Mahindra 1626
My problem is my mahindra 1626 acts like it has electrical problems, I thought it was the battery however it still will not start. When I turn the key the lights on the dash are faintly on and there is a buzzing or clicking sound coming from a module on the fire wall in the engine compartment. That stops making its sound the light get brighter and then I turn the key and nothing happens, I checked to make sure all safety switch’s plugged in and even purchased a new ground cable for the battery, one more thing the headlights will not come on with key on or off, and fixes y’all can direct me to

/ Starting problems just click without trying to start #2  
Anyway to test battery or try with jumper cable?

/ Starting problems just click without trying to start
I first tried to jump it, there was no improvement, I took battery up for a test the technician said battery had switched polarity, after that he tested battery and he said it was good. He then put a different tester on for load and keep dropping out, so I purchased a new battery and the ground cable and it was still doing the same problem when I turned the key

/ Starting problems just click without trying to start #4  
Your battery does not have enough charge to fire the starter solenoid or voltage is being dropped due to dirty or loose connections.

Clean both battery terminals. Clean the battery cable ends so the cable ends shine. Make sure connections are tight.

Charge your battery. Battery voltage should be about 12.4 volts. 12.0 volts won't fire the solenoid. 12.2 volts......maybe.

/ Starting problems just click without trying to start #5  
I first tried to jump it, there was no improvement, I took battery up for a test the technician said battery had switched polarity, after that he tested battery and he said it was good. He then put a different tester on for load and keep dropping out, so I purchased a new battery and the ground cable and it was still doing the same problem when I turned the key

Clean both battery terminals. Wire brush or otherwise clean the battery cable ends so the cable ends shine. Make sure connections are tight.

As I stated before brand new battery, new ground cable, both terminals are clean. I will go back and check positive post, I read someone else said the smaller leads might be corroded on the positive side

Ok, I was reading another thread and they stated the wires that come into the top of positive terminal might be corroded so I took them off the terminal and cleaned the heck out of them, bright and shiny, put it all back together and it started right up. Thanks for this site for the help!

/ Starting problems just click without trying to start #8  
Thank you for posting a follow up... always nice to learn how a problem is solved!

And welcome to TBN (Tractor By Net)