Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,031  
I think I understand what you're trying to get across. Your statement about most can't handle money has a condition that determines if they can handle money. Folks who earned the money through their hard work and ingenuity know nearly always know how to "handle" manage their gain!

Those who didn't earn it are clueless about using it as a resource and tend to "pee it in the wind".

Your comment about million and billionaires having to liquidate and discover they have little doesn't make sense. The only criteria to being one of those people is the tally of their net worth. So if their net worth is not in the range you mention they're not million or billionaires.
A person's net worth are simply assets vs liabilities. My thought is, and I've seen it happen, a business expands going into debt with the hope of future earnings. Lots of famous people, actors for example, because of who they are extended credit.
The TV show American Greed had many examples of that.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,032  
A person's net worth are simply assets vs liabilities. My thought is, and I've seen it happen, a business expands going into debt with the hope of future earnings. Lots of famous people, actors for example, because of who they are extended credit.
The TV show American Greed had many examples of that.
I once read the percentage of new businesses that fail within a given time and was shocked at how high the percentage was. It's not easy running a small business.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,034  
I once read the percentage of new businesses that fail within a given time and was shocked at how high the percentage was. It's not easy running a small business.
You are so right. My dear wife talked me into opening a business in the 70s. She packed lunch and we waited two weeks for the first customer...and that check bounced!!! I kept it...everything on check was fake. I opening June 1 and that first 1/2 year business gross was $2500!
Most businesses fail within first 3 years. Those who make it know how to handle money.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,035  
You are so right. My dear wife talked me into opening a business in the 70s. She packed lunch and we waited two weeks for the first customer...and that check bounced!!! I kept it...everything on check was fake. I opening June 1 and that first 1/2 year business gross was $2500!
Most businesses fail within first 3 years. Those who make it know how to handle money.
Sure enough, my first 3 years drained all of my reserves and we were trying to sell out. Somehow we survived past 2010 and will now tick off a lot of regulars by closing shop the end of August. Time to retire and not deal with people unless I feel like it....
If you run a real small business you know all about long days and not making squat per hour.
BUT I'm glad I did it...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,036  
Think how hard it has been for the companies that have survived 150 or 200 years.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,039  
Every time I hear a politician criticizing "greedy business owners" I remember that 90% of those who try fail within the first year. Often wiping out their life savings.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,040  
Someone please answer is EA still in business or not?...
WAIT! This just in!
Just now I tried going on the EA website...says "server not found"!
So.....
2024_02_22_11.30.02.jpg