Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,891  
IMHO the mistake some people are making is thinking those humans are people, they are not, they don't view a great many of americans as people they have said so themselves.

Time is coming for them to reap what they have sewn

I suspect we're on the same page, and discussing the equivalent of punctuation.

It certainly feels like the world is in a holding pattern, waiting for things to really hit the fan. Well, that's how it looks from my seat. Take care of your family, take care of your community; because outside of that and the Lord, what can you trust?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,892  
I suspect we're on the same page, and discussing the equivalent of punctuation.

It certainly feels like the world is in a holding pattern, waiting for things to really hit the fan. Well, that's how it looks from my seat. Take care of your family, take care of your community; because outside of that and the Lord, what can you trust?
I think we are, and where this ties into this thread is the "I want what is coming to me". It seems like the owner of EA had a real good thing going but decided he wanted more for himself, and shafted everyone around him just so he could get his. Same thing happening today.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,893  
I think we are, and where this ties into this thread is the "I want what is coming to me". It seems like the owner of EA had a real good thing going but decided he wanted more for himself, and shafted everyone around him just so he could get his. Same thing happening today.

It's much too easy to give in to ones own inner corruption; it's human nature, one we're meant to fight. To those who are believers, this would be original sin; and from a secular view, this would be our animal instincts. Either way, it's still within us, even if we don't want to admit it.

Now, the key to fighting it, that goes into theological discussions that would surely get this thread closed. Not that this thread hasn't long run it's course, lol.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,894  
IMHO the mistake some people are making is thinking those humans are people, they are not, they don't view a great many of americans as people they have said so themselves.

Time is coming for them to reap what they have sewn
...a quote by Isaac Merritt Singer?
I think it's "reap what they have sown".
(Belongs in the Groan thread)

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,896  
It can also be - "They have sown the seeds, now they will reap the whirl wind".
My .02 is his dad made life too easy on Ted raising him thinking that he wanted his child/children to have life easier than how he had it . . . that is a recipe for disaster.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,897  
My .02 is his dad made life too easy on Ted raising him thinking that he wanted his child/children to have life easier than how he had it . . . that is a recipe for disaster.
That is pretty common, we all want or children to have a "better" life then we did. And he did have a company, pretty large one that he ran for quite some time. I am not up on the guy so I can't really comment but there are lots of things that can cause a shift. Him finally thinking, well I have worked my butt off all this time, it is now "me" time. A high maint. wife or spoiled children. Looks like a pretty fancy house, I would think at the height of EA he could have afforded it, but I really don't know his business model, so the entire thing could have been balanced on the head of a pin for all I know, I am just guessing here and that is really not a fair thing to do.

No doubt about it however, something did come off the rails, the why we may never know.