Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #71  
That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it. I do not recall ever hearing of any customer getting burnt by them.
Of course it is. Neither have I, yet. I hope we never do.

But would you not be concerned ordering from a company that can't build inventory, with backorders months out, yet insisting on 100% paid at time of order?
It's not like you're placing a custom order for something they may not be able to sell, it's required for their standard offerings. Unless they're strapped for cash, what's wrong with asking for 20% up front with the balance upon shipment? If anyone DID cancel, EA would have the 20% plus there is a line of customers in waiting to sell it to.

BTW I have purchased three implements from them and they shipped about when they said they would and I like the products. But I was sure anxious while waiting for each one and very relieved when I finally got the Emails that they shipped. I just don't think I'll do it again though.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #72  
Last summer I bought a BH for the SS from Rut manufacturing. It was pricey and I paid in full and waited 5 weeks because I knew they were going to build me the very best attachment. And that is exactly what I got delivered when they said it would be delivered. I'm so glad I chose to go that route. I don't think I can wear this thing out if I live to be 100 yrs old (y)
Nothing scary about that. Well, okay maybe me running the SS when I'm 100 but the that's the only scary part. :LOL:

/ Status of Everything Attachments #73  
But I was sure anxious while waiting for each one and very relieved when I finally got the Emails that they shipped. I just don't think I'll do it again though.
I don’t see what ax you are grinding but you sure are bitter at EA for someone who really can’t State a valid complaint against a reputable company.

Sounds like you think they are down on their luck for some reason and you want to kick them when you think they are vulnerable.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #74  
I don’t see what ax you are grinding but you sure are bitter at EA for someone who really can’t State a valid complaint against a reputable company.

Sounds like you think they are down on their luck for some reason and you want to kick them when you think they are vulnerable.

I am an EA customer, I just wish they would change their payment model. Yes, sometimes reputable companies make financial mistakes and everyone is stunned.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #75  
Of course it is. Neither have I, yet. I hope we never do.

But would you not be concerned ordering from a company that can't build inventory, with backorders months out, yet insisting on 100% paid at time of order?
It's not like you're placing a custom order for something they may not be able to sell, it's required for their standard offerings. Unless they're strapped for cash, what's wrong with asking for 20% up front with the balance upon shipment? If anyone DID cancel, EA would have the 20% plus there is a line of customers in waiting to sell it to.

BTW I have purchased three implements from them and they shipped about when they said they would and I like the products. But I was sure anxious while waiting for each one and very relieved when I finally got the Emails that they shipped. I just don't think I'll do it again though.
Well a simple answer wold be that you easily tripled the book keeping cost and the possibility of errors creating P.O. customers.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #77  
How in the world does waiting for a government anything, SBR, silencer, passport, building permit, have to do with having to pay in full up front when ordering a tractor implement that is not even manufactured yet? Would anyone pay in full up front for a tractor that isn't in stock or even manufactured?

The point being, it is very similar to normal operations when buying an NFA item. Some do 50% up front and 50% on delivery though most of mine were all 100% upfront and then waiting over a year to get them. And a lot of what I bought was built to order as opposed to being a stock and "on the shelf'.

EA for me has been essentially built to order as well because I don't need the normal standard items. How many rotary mowers does one person need? Box blades? Etc.

If I score a CZ 457 Varmint in 22WMR, I plan on doing one of the custom integral suppressors that duplicates the factory barrel profile. Finding the rifle is ~6 months on average right now (back ordered) and the suppressor build is ~6 months. Then I will have the NFA wait which averages about 9 months right now but, I have had some come back in less than 3 months and others take 1.5 years.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #78  
Try any Academy store.

Locally, ~$45 give or take a bit. Must be a regional thing. I do best at Atwoods locally but, what is in stock and what it costs is really random.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #79  
We trust them with our money (sometimes companies we know little about), but they won't trust us with their product.
I'm not paying for it until I have it. Well, I'm not shipping it until it's paid for.
That's why I like to pick up and pay for stuff in person, although that's not always possible or practicle. I guess that is why Elon Musk did so well with PayPal.

Chicken and egg in many cases. Plus there are costs with product sitting on a lot.

How much do you think EA spends on 1,000 miles or less delivery of a big mower or grapple? How much does one cost locally of similar quality?

Local dealership costs and transportation costs are significant for me so, I rarely buy in-stock implements.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #80  
And i said “overbuilt and expensive”, i understand the relative relationship of both adjectives, and yes, expensive is subjective. People want quality and will pay, ...

I'm now 31 years old, cut my teeth on that little tractor and the implements that were made here (USA) out of US Steel are still functional with minimal maintenance. Likely many of them will outlive my father, some will probably outlive me.

That's what I expect from EA equipment, and after seeing the videos and the reviews, that's what appears to be being offered for sale.

Expensive is relative. Regardless of price, if the tool won't do the job it is "EXPENSIVE".

Who regrets buying quality? Quality is relatively cheap when you have to replace inferior tools. That only makes the tool that does work more EXPENSIVE!

Then you also have the joy of using a quality tool that doesn't break and is a joy to use!

Finally, quality doesn't have to be expensive in relative terms. How much does an equivalent Land Pride grapple cost compared to an EA grapple?