Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,722  
No clue- but after reading all the comments from the credit card experts on here I have come to the conclusion that EA went out of business because they were not charging enough. Lol.
Probably right!

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,724  
"Free" credit card transactions sounds a lot like "free" shipping.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,725  
The seller has to pay the surcharge if they want to make the sell. I refuse to buy from a seller who tacks on the surcharge to the buyer.
If they don't charge it openly, they are doing it behind the scenes.
My customers pay for every single thing that I pay for.
CC fees.
Payrole.
Taxes.
Saleries.
Materials.
Rent.
The light bill.
EVERYTHING.
Businesses don't magic the money into their check books.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,726  
If the price is the same no matter if you pay cash or credit card then there is no surcharge, its just the price.
Seems like the places around here that charge the 3% fee for using a credit card have a sign posted right on the card machine saying so, I still write checks at the feed mill , tax collector and once a year when I pay my hunting club dues, I pay cash when I buy small stuff and when I go out to eat somewhere and most everything else I put on a credit card that is set up on auto pay once a month so I never carryover a balance. I only started using a CC a few years ago but I do it because of the cash back I get put back in my account, farm stuff such as feed, fertilizer, fuel and such are expensive so it adds up.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,727  
If the price is the same no matter if you pay cash or credit card then there is no surcharge, its just the price.
Exactly. They have already built it into their prices. You are paying the CC fee when you buy anything. IF you ask for a cash discount then they can knock off the CC fee or something and sell it to you for less for cash. In some places, Texas is one, it's illegal to charge extra for CC's but merchants can 'discount for cash'. Sometimes they advertise it and most of the times they do not except for fuel where a lot of stations show the credit price and the cash price on the sign. (But if they said +.10 for credit, it would be illegal)

Then you have Walmart where they give you a .10 discount if you are a + member and you can use any CC. Costco has a 'lower than most' gas price and you get CC 'points' on their CC when you pay with that.

I've gotten some good deals in stores by asking for the 'cash discount'. If they don't want to discount I'll just pay with a CC and get the cash rebate from the CC.

But even then I know the overall prices still include a cushion because of CC fees.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,728  
No clue- but after reading all the comments from the credit card experts on here I have come to the conclusion that EA went out of business because they were not charging enough. Lol.
Apparently their cost of doing business (includes owner salary and expansion plans) were more than their gross income could support. Once you are unable to pay rent/mortgage and suppliers the end comes quickly.

Just like Soletrac was just evicted from their location for non payment of rent. Now their in stock items are going to auction to pay some of the rent due.

Cost of doing business includes ALL expenses incurred, and unless you have another source of income or cash you can not spend more than you can cover from your sales.

Been there, done that, not fun and very very difficult to recover once you fall behind.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,729  
Small businesses are very hard. The owner needs expertise on every facet of the business —- manufacturing/service, finance, HR, logistics, planning and on and on.

It means a ton of hours worked by the owner. Employees work their hours and go home. Owners can’t go home until all the work is done.

Failure in any aspect can hurt you badly.

If customers pay upfront and you get a backlog, you better be super smart with the money. All too often the big bank account balance makes it look like you are doing great - but you forget the huge liability you have in completing those prepaid orders.

I hugely admire successful small business owners. They earn every penny.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,730  
When I just searched EA, clicked "reviews", "newest first" I saw this. Isn't this the Travis who worked there?
2024_04_11_19.20.49.jpg
2024_04_11_19.21.43.jpg
2024_04_11_19.22.18.jpg
2024_04_11_19.22.01.jpg