Std. or HD pallet forks?

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #1  

S854

Silver Member
Tractor
‘67 MF 135 Deluxe / ‘22 Kioti CK2610 HST/Bad Boy ZT Elite 54”
I've been shopping for SSQA pallet forks for my new Kioti CK2610... lift capacity "in excess of 1800#" according to the Kioti website...

I can almost promise I'll never approach the max lift... I don't move downed trees, buy pallets of stove pellets, stack and move firewood or any other such thing... I'll be organizing my other implements on pallets, moving lawn furniture on a seasonal basis, carrying a 15 gallon spot sprayer... pretty much all light-duty stuff...

I've come across many "light duty" forks in the $500-600 range... unfortunately shipping is a killer, in many cases fully a third of the total delivered price is freight charges... (for personal reasons I'd like to stay away from Titan Attachments... happy TA owners, please forgive me...;))

I've pretty much settled on Express Steel forks... Made in America, reasonably priced and, most importantly, REASONABLE SHIPPING COSTS... (thanks to member "NYONE" for the ES recommend!)...

ES has two models: "Standard" which have a 4000# capacity, weigh 305# and cost $740 delivered...

Second option is "Heavy Duty" 6600# capacity, weigh 310# and cost $825 delivered...

For my purposes, the biggest difference, other than the price, is the HD model comes with a forged and machined top rail, the Std model has a "bent steel" top rail... either will work for what I'm planning...

I tend to look to the future... when it's time to move on and sell whatever implements I've accumulated over time...

The HD model seems a "no-brainer" to me... am I missing something?

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #2  
I think I would just go with the "light duty" set and be done.

I have a 3000 lb weight rating on my Artillian set, and with slightly more FEL lift capacity than your Kioti, I've never worried about the forks.

And I've moved some pretty heavy stuff with mine.

About the only thing I would add would be to make sure that fork set you're looking at has adjustable fork slots on the fork frame. Some of the "cheaper" fork sets, the forks are only in one fixed position (for width). I find myself needing different widths on my forks depending on what I'm trying to do with them.

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #3  
Most of the time, I would agree with the HD. Given your stated uses, it seems like throwing money away.

/ Std. or HD pallet forks?
I should mention, I live in a smaller city… my local dealer carries one choice for forks which need to work on all the tractors they sell… they’re about $1150…

My options are to buy through the internet or travel several hundred miles to a larger dealer who may or may not have an inexpensive set…

as I said… freight costs kill most “good deals”… I can’t seem to find ANYTHING for less than $700 delivered…

I’d love to spend $450-500 on forks… question is where…

i guess what I’m trying to say is, $700 is about the going rate for fork delivery to Montana.. is it worth another hundred to get something I’d have an easier time unloading in the future… (a 6600# attachment could work with a skid steer as well as a tractor)

Another issue I’ve come across… all the less expensive sets don’t come with a mast… I know from personal experience that that would come in handy…

Last edited:
   / Std. or HD pallet forks? #5  
You might want to look at Artillian like what Slim has above. They have forks that are much lighter in weight in a similar lift capacity and price range and don't reduce your net loader capacity as much. They are also US made. Also if you buy their pallet frame they have a grapple attachment option which looks useful. I don't have a pair but I was considering getting one for a CUT some time back and they get good reviews. I ended up purchasing a frame only and sourcing some used forklift forks locally. I think I saved about $700 sourcing it this way

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #6  
For that money I would swallow my pride and go to Titan light duty free shipping $337 or some ebay seller.

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #7  
are these forks intended for your MF 135? (great tractor)? if so go "light duty".

Not for "Fergie"... my MF 135 has a baby brother... Kioti CK2610... needed (wanted?) a FEL...

Yes... it's a great tractor...

For that money I would swallow my pride and go to Titan light duty free shipping $337 or some ebay seller.
Where are you finding $337 forks?

I looked at PalletForks.com and the cheapest ones There are $690 (w/42” forks)… they don’t list “light duty”… only 4000#…

14F5B832-97A7-4A39-87FA-A9E8489F8D3A.png

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #10  

$337 forks don’t exist anymore.