Steer on the loose.

/ Steer on the loose. #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Yesterday my wife was on her way home from work at 7am when a steer came charging across the field toward her SUV about 1/2 mile from our house. She had to take evasive maneuvers turning into the neighbors driveway and driving behind his house. The steer looked to be pushing 1000 lbs. and was scared by fireworks and broke down its fence. It was a neighbors and luckily he only had the one. It took them all day to wrangle it with a side by side pulling it home from about a mile away. It was in pretty rough shape, bleeding from the nose and breathing heavily by the time they got it penned up again. I haven't heard if it survived the ordeal. Neighborhood traffic was backed up for a 1/2 hour trying to get home.

/ Steer on the loose. #2  
Quite strange - no fireworks in our area this year. My little Cocker Spaniel doesn't like fireworks at all.

/ Steer on the loose. #3  
There have been 3 different cases of "cows" running around loose this year. The first is near the interstate, where 5 Highlanders (?)broke out of their pen earlier this spring. The second happened when a woman ran a would-be thief off at the end of a shotgun; he ran into the barn and left the door open when he left. I'm not sure about the third, all that I know is they had signs out about a cow on the loose. 55BB093E-2769-456C-800C-AE267C411158.jpeg23C93F4E-3853-4138-9324-450A0C3A7A7F.jpeg

I took these intending to post in the “groan” with a rude comment, but decided not to.

/ Steer on the loose. #4  
We had a neighbor whose cows would get in out in our backyard on a regular basis. The big problem is they can then up out on the road. One time I spooked them and they took off running I don’t know when they stopped.

/ Steer on the loose. #5  
There's a dairy farm on the crest of a hill directly beside the road on the road where I live, has an 80KPH limit. Many years ago I took the bike to work, it was around 6 or so in the morning, still not 100% awake as I haven't hit the main highway, just cruzin along 80K or so coming up to the crest of the hill. Beautiful sunrise but since I'm at the crest of a hill there should be no obstructions between me and the sunrise.
I'm like, "WTH is that in the sky"? No, it wasn't in the sky, it was in the middle of the road and it was big, standing on the highway it filled up one lane completely and I swear it was taller than me on my bike. If a small car had of hit it, I'm sure it would be just as bad as a moose hit since the mass was so high up.
I jammed on the brakes 20-30' in front of this 'obstruction' trying to decide what the he77 do I do now. Not being the farmer type I didn't know if I should try and talk this animal back to the barns but I got the 'try it and see' look from it and decided against it.
I ended up turning off the road and into the barnyard and looking around 'till I found some one which I eventually did. Once he figured out what I was trying to say ( I think the farmhand had two brains cells to his name and at that, one was being used to keep his autonomous functions going so he wasn't overly endowed with intelligence) . He followed me out and calmly talked to the cow and it followed him back to the barn.
Scared the crap outa me..............Mike

/ Steer on the loose. #6  
Yesterday my wife was on her way home from work at 7am when a steer came charging across the field toward her SUV about 1/2 mile from our house. She had to take evasive maneuvers turning into the neighbors driveway and driving behind his house. The steer looked to be pushing 1000 lbs. and was scared by fireworks and broke down its fence. It was a neighbors and luckily he only had the one. It took them all day to wrangle it with a side by side pulling it home from about a mile away. It was in pretty rough shape, bleeding from the nose and breathing heavily by the time they got it penned up again. I haven't heard if it survived the ordeal. Neighborhood traffic was backed up for a 1/2 hour trying to get home.
All in a days work, :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:o_O🤠

/ Steer on the loose. #7  
Fireworks non stop last night… hard to describe as heavy scent of gun powder permeated much of the East Bay.

The large explosions rattled windows and nothing going off within a mile from home but it was the most I have seen.

Lots of stray animals this week and many vets prescribe tranquilizers…

Odd thing is 100% totally illegal with signs and billboards everywhere… plus extreme fire danger with some local brush fires yesterday.

/ Steer on the loose. #8  
My next door neighbor in the city is one of those who thinks the rules don't apply to him. Any major celebration turns into shooting off fireworks for a few nights. I'd call the cops, but they would not address it. It was worse when we had the dog.

At least next 4th we will be far enough from neighbors that it will not be too loud.

/ Steer on the loose. #9  
One thing about hunting breeds; they’re more apt to think fireworks are gunshots, and come running to see what you shot.