Steering out and I’m stumped

/ Steering out and I’m stumped #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
A few weeks back I was clearing land and digging stumps using the backhoe on the New Holland 2012 TC40D. This particular tractor uses a SuperSteer axle and 2 hydraulic cylinders work the steering and articulate the complete axle. Anyhow I caught a short stump with the longest of the 2 cylinders while backing and bent the rod. Since I was unable to locate a new cylinder through Messicks (said the locator showed none in the entire US) we took the cylinder to a local hydraulic shop and had it repaired making a new rod for it. Now that I have it installed it’s like the steering wheel spins free. I loosened the two steel bulkhead fittings where they go through the frame and connect to the hydraulic hoses and the hydraulic oil is not leaking out as it should be with the engine running. All other functions (hydro) forward/reverse, all backhoe functions, all loader functions, and hydraulic grapple all function normally. I’m stumped to say the least, this tractor has been sitting for 3 weeks and I don’t have a clue at this point in time as what direction to take. Any and all help is appreciated guys and gals.

/ Steering out and I’m stumped #2  
This might be a stupid question but since you didn't mention it at all in your post, is there a separate power steering pump for this unit and is it full? It might have all leaked out when you had the cylinder disconnected.

/ Steering out and I’m stumped
Your question is not stupid at all. I purchased this TC40D new in 2012 and I always believed the steering was served from the common sump. Turns out up under the hood tight against the firewall is a power steering reservoir that had drained when I disconnected the hydraulic cylinder. Once it was filled all was healed. MY BAD!

Just goes to show that you are never to old to learn.