Steiner blown motor swap

/ Steiner blown motor swap #1  

stonny9

Have an opportunity to purchase the below Steiners in a week.

Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement motor for a 2001 Steiner 430 with a blown Kohler CH25?

Would it be easy enough to swap in a motor from a complete running 2wd 2002 Steiner 230 with a kubota diesel?

On this Youtube vid the poster says he got a kit to put a different motor in but I cant find anything online about it.
Steiner 430 Tractor Engine Swap - YouTube

/ Steiner blown motor swap #2  
I used a generic Kohler 25 hp spec# 68500, model CH25S when I converted my steiner 420 from a 20hp Onan to a Kohler 25.if you use this engine you will have to change a few things and put the muffler shrouds on the new engine as well as change the harness over because th generic 68500 has a different connector,also some engines had a fuel pump on the valve cover that has to be changed over to the pulse vacuum setup on the original engine...I'd also consider a 27hp kohler from a newer 430,as it's almost identical to the 25 .and will drop in.The Steiner 2wd 230 is a different animal completely .The 3 cyl diesel is too long to fit a 4wd Steiner because the 2wd doesn't have the engine length limitations the because it isn't articulated like the 4wd...the largest kubota that fits in the 430 is the D722 which is overrated at 21 hp( actually 18hp) at the most.I don't know anyone who is satisfied with the engine because it's underpowered for most things you do with a Steiner...the 2wd 230 will have the D905 if it's an early model or the preferred D1105 which is powerful at 28 hp but unfortunately doesn't fit the 4wd.

/ Steiner blown motor swap #3  
I just looked at your link on the engine swap..that swap is a 23 Vanguard,which is an excellent engine,however I feel the 23 rating is a little optimistic,and you'd be better off and the steiner worth more if it had a kohler...that particular vanguard is only 617cc, the kohler 25 is 724 cc, that's a substantial difference in size,and will make the kohler engine have a lot more power and torque to operate better on steep hills,or mowing ,and basically anything you do,the steiner 4wd hydro system is pretty demanding of the engine,it requires a lot of horsepower to run my feelings are the Vanguard is real a 21 hp,engine....based on competitive engines in that size and the other vanguard offerings...