Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) !

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #141  
Nobody can see the reason that I (feel the) need to move my snowmobile.
No, what we can't see is why you feel the need to move your snowmobile with it five feet up in the air. Most of us would move it with the snowmobile just far enough off the ground to not hit anything until we were right at the rack where needed to lift it up.
Less chance of the tractor ending up on its side that way and a much smaller likelihood of the snowmobile crashing to the ground.
On your counterweight, is there room to put two barrels side by side?

Aaron Z

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) !
No, what we can't see is why you feel the need to move your snowmobile with it five feet up in the air.

You're suggesting that TBN fellers think it's a pic of me traveling with it that high?
Everyone can see there's nobody in the driver seat.

I took a pic with it lower, the pic didn't look very interesting so I raised it.

Also the small tractor size makes it look higher than it is.
That ski is prob 3 feet high.
But anyway I drive it on uneven ground, mashing on brakes, and using the diff-lock too.
And level ground is OK too.:thumbsup:

================

I suppose I could put another barrel on but then it's twice as bulky for not much benefit, as the one barrel already allows an over-full bucket of dirt.
I'd like it to be smaller like concrete, but then would lose the ease of draining it.

Could add a couple 50 lb weights down low on the sides.
Two 50 lbs weights hung on the sides would be easy to manage too.

Last edited:
   / Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #143  
Try again, this time on two wheels (one side only). Recover, before the point of no return. Now, that's a good time.:cool2:

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #144  
You're suggesting that TBN fellers think it's a pic of me traveling with it that high?
Everyone can see there's nobody in the driver seat.
I took a pic with it lower, the pic didn't look very interesting so I raised it.
I am suggesting that it is foolish to raise a load (especially one that is at the max that your tractor can lift as presently configured) any higher than absolutely necessary.

Aaron Z

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #145  
Try that with 6 beers.Might get interesting.

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #146  
   / Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) !
People should use whatever caution their gut suggests.
And more, if you dont “know” your tractor yet.
Im glad I learned my tractor, its a great tool.
Ive got a good feel for it now.

But Im a little puzzled by this situation and thought some TBN members would be interested in a couple pics showing:
- a tractor with 440 lbs snowmobile on the loader, tipped up.
- same tractor, same 440 lbs, but with 400lbs counterweight, also tipped up.

I was surprised, I thought the 400 lbs counterweight would add 400 lbs of down-force on the rear wheels.

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #148  
So much for saving the front axel with the ballast.

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #149  
This reminds me of s story I heard from an acquaintance.

They were out for dinner one night and the teenage kids were home alone. There was a kitchen grease fire. They got out of the house safely. The first thing the teenage daughter did was to start taking pictures and posting on facebook. Mom got the facebook update on her cell phone and called 911 to get the fire department dispatched before the house burnt down.

For some reason, when the tractor is up on 3 wheels overloaded with a high suspended load, my first instinct isn't to get off the tractor and take pictures to post on the internet. Am I a victim of the generation gap?

/ Stepped off, and it almost tipped over (lifting a snowmobile) ! #150  
This reminds me of s story I heard from an acquaintance.

They were out for dinner one night and the teenage kids were home alone. There was a kitchen grease fire. They got out of the house safely. The first thing the teenage daughter did was to start taking pictures and posting on facebook. Mom got the facebook update on her cell phone and called 911 to get the fire department dispatched before the house burnt down.

For some reason, when the tractor is up on 3 wheels overloaded with a high suspended load, my first instinct isn't to get off the tractor and take pictures to post on the internet. Am I a victim of the generation gap?

We have inadvertently made the whole world so safe that there is no comprehension of danger and survival and prevention of further damage, social media demand you post scenario as it unfolds and continue filming/posting regardless of consequences..... Youtube proves that...

Don't think I ready for the future......... Already have concerns about cars with accident avoidance and automatic braking........ Makes new drivers without skills less attentive to situation and mostly dependant of cars ability to "protect" them more than their own attentiveness and learned (?) skills.... Drivers and cell phones for example...

Dale