Sticky throttle

/ Sticky throttle #1  

ToadHill

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac
Does anyone have any Ideas how to correct this? On my Dk35 for the last few months the throttle has been sticking after I put it down to idle speed. When you try to increase the RPM's it feels like the linkage had some kind of a knuckle in it just after the idle setting and you can't get the throttle to advance without hitting it hard with the palm of your hand.

I looked up under the brake peddles and lubricated every friction point I can find but it hasn't made any difference. I don't see anything that looks like a knuckle, only cables and simple rods that go through eyes for linkage.

Using the foot throttle doesn't change the situation in fact with the setting at idle the foot throttle won't advance at all.

/ Sticky throttle #2  
I had a similar problem when I first got my tractor. Traced it down to the cable binding at the bulkhead where it enters the engine compartment. Loosened up the hardware about that point and adjusted it until the throttle moved freely. Then I lubed it real good. Might not be the problem for you, but it was for me. Has been fine ever since.

/ Sticky throttle
Thanks, I'll give it a try next weekend when I get back to the farm.