Stiff Throttle Lever

/ Stiff Throttle Lever #1  

CJBOTA

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 & MX5100
I think others have complained about this but I'm not sure if there is a remedy. I now have over 200 hrs on my L3700. It has exceeded my expectations and suits my needs well. So far my only complaint is the throttle lever has gotten more difficult to move since new. I thought it would get easier with use. I really have to pull hard to get it to move. I am actually worried about bending the throttle lever. I am going to ask my dealer to take a look next trip in but can anyone tell me if it can be fixed in the meantime?Thanks.....cj from ohio

/ Stiff Throttle Lever #2  
I think others have complained about this but I'm not sure if there is a remedy. I now have over 200 hrs on my L3700. It has exceeded my expectations and suits my needs well. So far my only complaint is the throttle lever has gotten more difficult to move since new. I thought it would get easier with use. I really have to pull hard to get it to move. I am actually worried about bending the throttle lever. I am going to ask my dealer to take a look next trip in but can anyone tell me if it can be fixed in the meantime?Thanks.....cj from ohio

I have an L3700 too but I am about to tighten mine. Like the BXs I suspect here is a two nut adjuster. You just need to loosen the outer nut and adjust the inner nut to allow for the friction you are happy with, then hold the inner nut with a wrench at the point you are happy with the friction with and tighten down the outer nut against the inner nut to fix it in place. Usually they loosen up rather than tighten but I guess the opposite is possible.

/ Stiff Throttle Lever
Can you tell me where this adjustment is located? thanks!....cj

/ Stiff Throttle Lever #4  
Can you tell me where this adjustment is located? thanks!....cj

Again, I am thinking it is the same as the BX and if so, it is underneath where the lever goes through the dash panel. haven't adjusted it for the L yet, but it should be the same type of assembly as on the BX which I have adjusted.

/ Stiff Throttle Lever #5  
You`ll need a wrench ground thin enough to grip only one of the nuts. I adjusted mine a few months ago.

Sean

/ Stiff Throttle Lever #6  
Don't forget to clean and lubricate the throttle plate and or injector linkages. Lot of dirt buildup combined with heat can make them sticky.