Still loving DuraMax

/ Still loving DuraMax #21  
Do you have any problems with rear axle or differential bearings?

Egon

/ Still loving DuraMax #22  
Egon - No, they've got about 130k on the originals with no problems at all. That's Dana for you, though - very over-engineered. Actually, for that matter, for some reason, the original and OEM replacement u-joints aren't Dana, and I had gone through 4 sets in the first 105k, but when I put the 6-speed in, I found out that real Dana u-joints are available that will fit, so I used them - they're just as tight as they were when new, so far. We'll see. That may have moved the weak link somewhere else... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Still loving DuraMax #23  
Devildog,
From what I've been told you can't turn up the duramax like you can the Ford and Dodge. They are running pretty close to max. from the outset.

/ Still loving DuraMax #24  
Richard,
Thanks for the info, I didnt know that. I have some friends that love them and have had no problems yet. My boss has the Dodge and we rib each other . Just good fun./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

You wouldnt know where I can find some info on the new ford would you? I wouldnt mind reading up on that. I would say its hard to believe 24 miles per gal but my 96 on the interstate averages 21 with the E4OD, A friend here at work has a toyota that only gets 22 mpg with a standard 5 speed/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Pic Attached

Attachments

• 6-95782-Beastly.jpg
    6-95782-Beastly.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 54
   / Still loving DuraMax #25  
The guy makes 717 hp and calls his engine a "Cummings."

You'd think one would have to know quite a bit about a 245 hp engine to extract 717 hp from it. Maybe even enough to know how to spell it correctly.

/ Still loving DuraMax #26  
It's probably a play on words refering to the feeling he gets when he fires the thing up. ;)

/ Still loving DuraMax #27  
cp1969 - Kinda reminds me of an old Monday Night Football game where Gifford, Cosell, and Meredith were talking about Mean Joe Green. One of them, I think it was Gifford asked what you would call him in conversation? "Mean Joe"? Or just "Mean"? Cosell, I think suggested "Sir", and Meredith "I call him anything he likes."

If he can get 717 hp out of a 5.8L diesel, he can call it whatever he wants, in my book. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I'd sure like to ride in it.

/ Still loving DuraMax #28  
I'll have to 2nd you on that Mark /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif