rekees4300

Elite Member
Tractor
JD4300
   / Stir/Shaken #2  
we will see. it sure hasnt helped using do not call list

/ Stir/Shaken
we will see. it sure hasnt helped using do not call list
True, do-not-call lists have been useless for many years. Hopefully the new stir/shaken technology will be at least somewhat effective. (y)

/ Stir/Shaken #4  
It would nice if it happen,Iam betting robocallers will find loop hole.

/ Stir/Shaken #5  
Got this thing on my phone called Call Detector. The ones marked 'Blocked' are the ones that got through and I blocked. The ones marked 'Spam' are ones already reported by others and blocked silently. They don't ring, but they appear in the history and will go to VM if the spammer waits.

Screenshot1.png

/ Stir/Shaken #6  
Today 6/30/2021 could be the end of Robocalls! 📞

A big deadline in the fight to beat back those annoying robocalls is here. As of today, every major voice provider in the US, including phone companies AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile and cable provider Comcast, will need to implement a technology called Stir/Shaken designed to curb the tide of spam calls.

Hate robocalls? You'll love what's coming today
Man, I love it when the government artfully crafts acronyms for projects. I used to have to do that about this time of year.
One crafty senior scientist I worked with had even been known to work up projects with great acronyms and get funded for a year.

/ Stir/Shaken #7  
They should just call it 007... or perhaps "Bond. James Bond."
I doubt it will work. Companies which will spoof local numbers, including those of the town office and the local police station- to say nothing about having "USGovernment" show up on your caller ID- really don't care about pesky little laws.

/ Stir/Shaken #8  
It's not working. I got one this morning. :rolleyes:

In the past, they were about my auto warrantee expiring.
Today, it was about me paying too much for electric.

/ Stir/Shaken #9  
I get a few here on the computer. "Your Humpty-Dumpty anti-virus program is about to expire".

Truth be know - I've never had that brand of AV software. Easy come - easy go.

/ Stir/Shaken #10  
I just got one telling me I have a warrant out for my arrest for identy fraud. My wife got the exact same call a few minutes later. How stupid do they think we are. I went and renabled call block on my phone. I only disabled it to get a call back from PayPal.