Stoage in Kubota Canopy

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I have a Kubota Canopy and am trying to think of a good way to add a storage shelf for gloves and stuff like that and looking for some good ideas. I can rig something up between the support bars somehow but want to know if anyone else have done this.

c1.JPG

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy #2  
I'm watching this. I have the same need for my New Holland Canopy....

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy
I could run a crossbar from the left to the right behind the headlights for support and mount some kind of a storage shelf above it. See the red line I drew for the support bar. I could use square channel for this, the same size as the canopy support arms and bolt it on the bottom. I need ideas what I could use for the actual shelf.

canopy.JPG

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy #4  
I haven't gotten very far with my canopy yet but have been planning on building one myself out of aluminum diamond plate with the same sort of framework underneath, and a box of sorts dropping down in the front, framed out of the same tubing. I had envisioned closing in the bottom of this box with expanded sheet metal grating type material to make a compartment like what you are talking about. I wish I had a way to draw it out, it makes sense in my head at least. But I had a lot more plans to go along with it. It may seem silly all by itself. I have LED lightbars front and rear, so the front one will accompany this box, and I will probably also add a radio, fan, and "switch board" for all of these accessories beside this box. So it will be sort of a "console" across the front edge of the canopy, just behind the light bar that will line the very front edge of it.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe it will give you some sort of a visual idea to create your own

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy #5  
Sorry, this picture looks horrible on my computer screen. By the time I link it on here it may be even worse. Not sure, I don't think I've ever posted a picture on the forums.

Check these out for some reference. The basket I'm going to build is KIND OF based off of one of these. Mine will open facing the driver, not from the top. My father-in-law owns one of these buggies, I do not, so I haven't done any shopping around for this product. You would have to do your own. But it is a "Roll Bar Storage Basket" for a Polaris Ranger.

rollbarbask11-01.jpg

I think I know where you are going with this. That's actually a good idea. I like the expanded metal option.

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy #7  
Be careful what kind you buy if you fabricate your own. I have bought some in the past for making an elevated drain tub (its complicated, just envision making a DIY barbque pit) using the stuff with much larger holes and it was very sharp. It will slice you open if you put your fingers through it. Just something to consider when buying materials. I've never shopped for this smaller stuff like whats in that picture. But I have seen the baskets in person and they aren't like that, much more user friendly.

I have a favor to ask. Could you possibly post a picture of the bottom side of your back fender? I have a Kubota L3301 with the FEL joystick mounted up front by the steering wheel, eliminating the possibility of exiting from the right side of the tractor. I have been thinking of relocating the valve under the fender and mounting like yours is. I assume thats where your valve is anyway, and not some sort of linkage setup. I would appreciate it. Also, your sig says its hydrostatic drive. Where is the pedal? Thats something else I may have to change since the pedal on mine is rather large and right in the middle of the right foot pad where you would enter and exit. Not sure yet if it will be in the way.

Sorry to hijack. If you want to PM it, or I can start another thread. After this I'll leave it alone in this thread. Thanks! Back to your glove box build

You got it. When I get home I'll take some pics and post them. Even with the joystick mounted in the fender, I still exit to the left. It gets in the way, not as much, but it does. My pedal is on the right. I'll take pics of that also. No need to apologize.:thumbsup:

There is nothing under the rear fender below the joystick. The linkage must be under the plastic covering around the drivers area. I also took a pic of the HST pedal. I hope this is what you wanted.

l1.JPGl2.JPGl3.JPG

/ Stoage in Kubota Canopy #10  
Hmm, thats very intriguing! Not at all what I was hoping to see, but not because of you. Your pictures are perfect, thanks! Thats a good job by Kubota to keep it a clean install, but now I'm very curious as to how the plumbing is set up for the hydros. I was hoping to duplicate it without too much cost other than relocating my existing valve and extending hoses. Clearly that won't be the case.

And let me say, you lucked out on your pedal as well! Mine is awful! It may be nice for some, but with the size of my foot and leg, its a no-go. Very awkward to use, especially at first. I've gotten a little used to it, but still far from easy. A buddy of mine used it and his leg is even longer, and foot even bigger (we grow em big here in Texas), and he had to just get off, he couldn't do it. And he runs equipment every day. I'll try to get a picture later and show you what your missing out on! Haha. I may see if I can get some sort of breakdown on how yours is built and retrofit that pedal onto my tractor. Your avatar (or whatever the thing is on the left) says you have a Kubota L3800, but the signature says L4060. I assume we are looking at the 4060?