STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!!

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
Hey,

There are 2 things in life that irritates me. A thief and a sinus cold. I REALLY hate a thief WHOSE GOT a sinus cold!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does anyone know of anybody who got a deal that was LITERALLY too good too be true on a used 2003 4-wheeler?

I didn't think about it till now, but I should have posted 2 months ago when I registered. I bough a brand new 2003 Honda Foreman 450s 4-wheeler last year in August. Some person took it from me between February and April of last year and I am still paying notes on it /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. It was yellow with stock tires, (luckily I took my Super Swamper Vampires and lift off) had rear basket rack, metal floorboards w/skid plate made by Savant Manufacturing and metal c.v. boot/joint guards with a camouflage decal that said "Oxlite" on each of them. And, it had a Caterpiller license plate tie-wired to the front of it that said "CAT". It was missing the plastic pull rope fender cover on the left or right side that said "4x4 Traxlok". So, it would look kind of odd if you saw it. Also, if you look under the seat at the air filter box, on the righ side where it is "riveted" to the frame, it is broke. The box moves very freely. The engine wasn't in that great of shape but the body and plastic was in excellent condition. I DID NOT leave the key in it. So, it may have a "tall/odd looking" key sticking up out of the ignition, if it even has one. If you know anything about Honda atvs, you'll know that the original ignition keys are "tiny".

My detective has reason to believe that it MAY have went to somewhere in KENTUCKY and was taken by more than one person. But, it could be anywhere. If you have ANY info that I could use, OR EVEN THINK I COULD USE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'll leave my e-mail address and if someone wants me to, i'll e-mail them my phone number.

I'm a good ole' country boy and I miss it alot. I have to stay home while everyone goes riding. I worked very very hard and a lot of over time for it.

PLEASE help me so I can bring this person or persons to justice. I would do it for you and as a matter of fact, I have done it before. I try to be a man of my word. YOUR NAME WILL NOT AT ALL BE MENTIONED.

Thank you very much,
Travis Ricks from southern Louisiana

E-MAIL: tricks@eatel.net

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #2  
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have known people who have had their fourwheelrs stolen but I luckily have not had to endure it. From the sounds of it I take it that you didn't have insurance on it.

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #3  
I have been hearing about this more and more.. I believe that they are quite easy to steal.. Im saying all ATV's. Hope you get it back soon and make the perp pay..

Frank

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!!
No,

I DID NOT have insurance on it. I haven't tried to see home owners would cover it either. I'm not sure. I will call today.

Yes, we are hearing about stolen atvs more and more. A few years back, there was a story on the local news about people stealing 4-wheelers around here. Probably a bunch of dope-headed low-life dead-beat S.O.Bs with nothin else to do /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Any sugguestions on "how to get the word out"? I have kept it quiet long enough. I'm tired of waiting. I want to at least try to do something.

The only things that were KIND OF and I do mean kind of good about the situation is:
1. I will NEVER buy another 4-wheeler without insurance.
2. I'm STILL paying the note on it ONLY because of my credit. I don't want to mess it up. I am young with no bills YET and I am just starting out.

Thanks for the replies,
Travis /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #5  
In NH the OHRV registry , in conjuction with the NH Fish and Game maintains a list of stolen ATVes.
So if someone tries to register it or sells it to someone that is
going to try and register it , there going to be in trouble. Thats not to say that they don't get stolen but it seems to keep the theft down as more and more trails are being patrolled by the police.

Good luck in finding your machine

Cat300

Dave in NH

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #6  
I have known of 2 people that claimed ATV's on their homeowners insurance and they covered it. But and here is the big but part of it. They were in good with their insurance agent who wanted to take care on them and they had to show that the ATV was used for home maintenance. One guy showed his agent a utility cart and lawn sweeper used with the ATV. A police report will help you but the fact that the ATV was stolen over a year ago may hurt you. I am surprized that someone let you finance it with out insurance. When a buddy of mine got a loan for an ATV he had to show where he had it insured and when I bought my tractor Deere wanted to know how it would be insured. I'm just curious about one thing. You say it was stolen between Feb and April of last year. Why the wide gap? Did you have it stored away from your home or something?

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #7  
Travis,

EDIT - Oops. I think I'm saying about the same thing as Tractors4u but was writing it when he posted.

On checking with your insurance, it may be covered on a homeowners policy if:
You have a homeowner's policy.
Your state doesn't require vehicle registrations and liability ins. on the quad.
The vehicle can be considered for use as maintaining the residence property.

Many (not all) of my quads were covered under my homeowners until PA started requiring registrations and liability insurance on the vehicles. Since they're now registered vehicles, they can't go under my homeowners.

Prior to the registration requirement, they were covered under my homeowners for theft, fire... if I used the vehicle for maintaining the property (as a work machine like a tractor).

Many insurance companies require you to have noted on your homeowners that the vehicle is being used for maintaining the property but this is a grey area.

Anyway, it stinks having a machine stolen. Sorry to hear it happened to you.

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, I got confused with the dates.

The 4-wheeler was purchased in August of 2003. It was stolen on February 23, 2004. It has been gone for 5 months and almost a year old. I think it had 1400 miles on it before it was taken.

I just turned 20 and live with my parents. I do not own any property yet. It was stolen off their property where we live.

I got the personal or "signature" loan because my paw-paw co-signed for me. They gave me a $5000.00 check. I wanted a 4-wheeler. I could have went and bought a $5000.00 horse if I wanted to. I even have the title, not the bank. The only insurance they made me get was life insurance. So if something happened to me, he wouldn't be stuck with the note.

Travis R

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #9  
I would check your parents homeowners policy asap.

/ STOLEN 4-WHEELER!!!!!!!! #10  
Travis, just a thought but check in local clasifieds/traders whatever you have and go look at fourwhelers that are matches to your former bike. It's poosible you could find the a#@hole that took it. My dad is a salesman at a car dealership and a year ago they had 8 or 9 airbags stolen overnight. Another salesman got on ebay the next week and found a guy that had the same number of airbags, from the same type of vehicle, and guess what-they were all matching colors. The perp was down in Miss. somewhere and the dealership was in Carbondale, IL. The FBI loved this one, most of the leg work was already done for them. I also know someone who found his outboard boat motor this way once except he just left a note on the guys door that said he was taking his boat motor back. And don't mention to the owner of the fourwheeler you go to look at that you are looking for your stolen rig. Some crooks aren't too bright, I hope you find it.