Stop light

/ Stop light #1  

Texasmark

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford: '88 3910 Series II, '65 3000; '07 6530C Branson with FEL, 2020 LS MT225S. All Diesels
Neighbor has a very low hour, used for moving hay and mowing, 2016 JD 4052 and the "STOP" light came on. Got out the manual and it said the exhaust needed cleaning. Recommendation was to send the tractor to the dealer for repair. Decided to get out the manual and do it themselves. The self cleaning instructions were clear but the tractor failed to respond to the steps provided. Pushing the buttons on the right side of the steering column as directed, designed for the purpose, did nothing.

Since you are trying to burn soot out and running it hard can do that I told them that if it were my tractor, I'd get out (100F+ day) in the field with the JD 6' mower, set RPMs to PTO speed and burn them out. Was I wrong?

/ Stop light #2  
Mark
It sounds as if tractor engine needs to have a forced exhaust regeneration. I think just hard working the engine will not accomplish that task. I'm glad my tractors were built years before Tier 4 fuel systems were created.

Do you have any cheap hay for sale?:ROFLMAO:
Jim

/ Stop light
No sir. I'm out and have customers that will be in need before their winter pasture gets established. Everything is dried up around here...even Johnson Grass is struggling. I have cracks in my Houston Black Clay that you can get your foot hung up.

Last year I went searching and found some cheap hay and it looked ok but proved to be less than desired once I started feeding it. Had to spray the bales with diluted Molasses to get them to eat it rather than keep testing the fences to get out "to greener pastures". Not sure what I am going to do this year.

/ Stop light #4  
Locally corn stalk rd bales are priced at $75 & I saw some Milo stalks on CL for $100. I sold majority of my cows a 45 days ago & plan to sell the remainder after calves reach weaning age but before Winter. I have 100 4x5.5 rd bales of mixed pasture grass rd bales that I'm going to offer for sell after my cows have left.

/ Stop light #5  
I’m not sure what the stop light means but I know it’s not uncommon the DPF needs removed to be cleaned.

/ Stop light #6  
Mark
It sounds as if tractor engine needs to have a forced exhaust regeneration. I think just hard working the engine will not accomplish that task.
From what my dealer tells me, hardworking the tractor might extend the intervals between regens, but won't prevent them.
You can cancel or stop a regen if you're working the tractor, but only for so long. I suspect the OP may have cancelled regens multiple times and now it's likely going to have to be done by his dealer.

One thing that might help in the future is to not idle the tractor below 1500 RPM for any length of time. Personally, when I start my 4052, as soon as the engine idles and the oil pressure is up, I increase idle to 1500 or so