Stories of how you came about your property

/ Stories of how you came about your property #161  
The car nav systems all show my house in the middle of the nearest intersection.
On My truck nav, I can drive through my house :cool:

/ Stories of how you came about your property #162  
If I attempt to locate my driveway by address - the "red dot" is alway about 250 feet north of the actual beginning. I don't know what system the Post Office used back in 1982 but it certainly does not match up with todays systems.

If your talking about google maps, you as an end user can submit an edit and correction for that.

I did, my house location was at my neighbors milking barn. A quarter of a mile, down the road. Lots of missing people and packages ended up there. LOL. Of course, today, I wish I had kept it the way it was. LOL.

/ Stories of how you came about your property #163  
This is the built in nav. I told them about the issue. They did not care.
Google at least has up to my mailbox correct.

/ Stories of how you came about your property #164  
My property is part of the family farm that's been in my family for four generations.
I was talking to a neighbor a while back and he told me.that when he fenced in his property my grandfather used to go over and tell him about old times. He said granddad said the part of our farm across the road from his place, used to be where the stage coach would stop and change teams. I guess I'd forgotten that story because I only think of stage coaches as being out west.

Last edited:
   / Stories of how you came about your property #165  
If your talking about google maps, you as an end user can submit an edit and correction for that.

I did, my house location was at my neighbors milking barn. A quarter of a mile, down the road.
That reminded me - some painting contractor's pin and description were at my location. I never heard of the guy. After I sent several notes to Google it disappeared.

/ Stories of how you came about your property #166  
I got mine in between housing booms fortunately, but it was a wreck. Good bones, but a mess. I’ve learned a lot of skills there. It was the old family farm that had been out for 35 years.it’s now my favorite place.