Story of My life !

/ Story of My life ! #1  

FredH

Platinum Member
Tractor
N.H. TC-30
2003 TC30 with 7308 FEL . Owned since new . Only hydraulic lines I have ever had to replace were on the 757C B.H. until a few months back . Small , maybe 16" to 18" long line on the FEL bucket started leaking on the left side at bottom of cylinder .

My schedule of work with the semi , never gets me home during the week to get to a couple of local places like the parker store , to get a new 1 made . So I sized it out , ordered from surplus center . $19 including shipping , had it by the next weekend . Fit just like original .

Now Fast forward to last Sunday , jumped on the tractor to move some pallets with the forks on the bucket . WTH ???
Yep , now the right side has same weather check issue and is leaking . Why Oh Why did I not just buy 2 at the same time , replace both and be done ? :ashamed:

I swear , with each passing day , I am sure the Heck not getting " Wiser " as they say ! :confused3:

Fred H.

/ Story of My life ! #2  
I'm in that club! A bunch of members it has.

Ask your tire store person how many sales they have that are 1 tire or 2 tires instead of a set.
Brake rotors are sold in eaches as well because people buy them more often 1 at a time instead of 2.

/ Story of My life !
Hose came Yesterday and installed . It is a couple of inches longer than original , just like the first one I bought , But the hose itself is a lot thicker than the original . Looks like really Good Hose . Kudo's to Surplus Center :thumbsup: Talked with My Brother Yesterday and at $19 , which included shipping , He doubted if the Parker store would of been cheaper , thus it saved me a 40+ mile roundtrip , if I could of found the time .

Fred H.

/ Story of My life ! #4  
Yes, we all seem to make those kind of mistakes from time to time and yes, some of us never seem to learn. As the old saying goes; "Penny wise, pound foolish."

/ Story of My life ! #5  
It really sucks when you change from orb to jic because the orb live swivels are so expensive and no one stocks enough to do the job. But then forget to take into account the height and curve of the adapter and jic elbow, and those brand new hoses you just had made are too short... Just hypothetical, not like I really did that......

/ Story of My life ! #6  
It does seem that every time I do something with intentions of SAVING money, it winds up COSTING me money.

/ Story of My life ! #7  
Just did the same. 2 weeks ago I noticed the rubber boot at the base of the tractor's shifting lever was cracked. Order a new one for $10 bucks. shipping is another $6. Shipping is 60% of the cost. OK, whatever it saves me the drive and comes right to my house, still probably cheaper than visiting local scumbag dealer. Wait a week for it to arrive then install it. That's when I look on the other side and see the boot on range selector's is cracked too. :banghead:

/ Story of My life ! #8  
I hear what your say Fred ;) parts cost very little compare to the down time.

/ Story of My life ! #9  
HA! I was able to use those two hoses that were too short elsewhere rather than have them collect dust on the shelf. Looks like I may have finally come out ahead on this one!!