Strange things your pets do...

/ Strange things your pets do... #361  
The clerk at our Post Office brings her 4 month old lab to work. He's learned that if he sticks his nose into a box while somebody is getting their mail he might get a pat on the head. It's a bit startling to reach way to the back making sure I get all of my mail, and find a big wet furry nose instead.:cool:

I had my first COVID shot today. Along with several security officers, the local PD supplied their K-9 team. The dog wore a harness which said "Police Dog, do not pet." But he was a lab, for Pete's sake. When the dog came up and shoved his nose into my lap of course I'm going to give him some attention.

/ Strange things your pets do... #362  
Another first for us. Our "puppy" is a black lab, about 2 yrs old now. The other night was our first evening fire of the season in our backyard fire pit. This lunatic pup started chasing around the embers that would occasionally pop up out of the fire as it crackled away in the pit. At first we couldn't figure out what he was going after, too early for grasshoppers or frogs. He was chasing these embers and couldn't figure out where they went when they went out. The other 3 labs were looking at him like he lost his mind, but eventually the small yellow started following him around, trying to figure out what the game was.

I've never had a dog interested in the fire or the embers before.

/ Strange things your pets do... #364  
Another first for us. Our "puppy" is a black lab, about 2 yrs old now. The other night was our first evening fire of the season in our backyard fire pit. This lunatic pup started chasing around the embers that would occasionally pop up out of the fire as it crackled away in the pit. At first we couldn't figure out what he was going after, too early for grasshoppers or frogs. He was chasing these embers and couldn't figure out where they went when they went out. The other 3 labs were looking at him like he lost his mind, but eventually the small yellow started following him around, trying to figure out what the game was.

I've never had a dog interested in the fire or the embers before.
Neighbor had a boxer that had to lick everything.

Dog walked up to the wood stove and licked it Dog yelped, went and drank a bunch of water and went around doing his thing.

2 hours later, the dog walks up to the wood stove and........ licked it again

He ended up having to put a child barrier around the wood stove.

/ Strange things your pets do... #365  
I believe it. We had a boxer once. Very gentle by nature, but dumb as a box of rocks.

/ Strange things your pets do... #366  
I believe it. We had a boxer once. Very gentle by nature, but dumb as a box of rocks.
Son has two boxers. A male and female.

Sweet dogs, but I think a rock is smarter

I'm usually covered in slobber after leaving their place. Those two love their grandpa.

/ Strange things your pets do... #367  
I saw a lady out walking her Great Dane recently. Dog had a splint on her tail so I asked if a door closed on it. Lady said Yep, third time, same door. What’s her name? Grace. :ROFLMAO: