Strange tractor

/ Strange tractor #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
I found this as I was poking around the web today.

tractor1.jpg

Now THATS a strange tractor! Here is the link to there site.

http://www.saukvilletractor.com/

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ Strange tractor #2  
Paul
It looks a lot like a modern version of a Case tractor Tobacco and Truck farmers use in Canada. I'm sure they are used in the states, but that is where I have seen them.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Strange tractor #3  
Reminds me of my grandpa's old Allis Model G. loved/hated that thing! Now they are a collectors item and I'm sure he sold it for dirt. I was too young when he got rid of it.bummer

/ Strange tractor #4  
I've only seen one of those; a mechanic neighbor has one. I'm not sure how many implements he has, but know he has that mid-mount (I see they call it front mount) blade to maintain his gravel drive and parking lot, and the mower. I've forgotten which engine he has, but I know it's gasoline instead of the diesel (and I didn't even know Briggs & Stratton made a water cooled diesel). And when I say he has one of those; I'm not sure now whether it's the same brand or not; just think it is.

And did you notice their web site lists a 255 hp Deere engine (I think they left out a decimal point)./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Strange tractor #5  
I have read that people who have those tractors think that they are great. Most of your implements mount 'under the belly' so it is really easy to see what is going on without looking behind you all the time. I don't even know it it has a three point hitch or not.

/ Strange tractor #6  
Re: Strange tractor-1953 Allis-Chalmers G

1953 Allis-Chalmers G
19-80367-AllisChalmersG1953.jpg

On exhibit at the Big E, Sept 2001

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

"You are what you eat, drink, think, say and do..."

Attachments

• 19-80367-AllisChalmersG1953.jpg
    19-80367-AllisChalmersG1953.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 134
   / Strange tractor
<font color=red>And did you notice their web site lists a 255 hp Deere engine (I think they left out a decimal point).</font color=red>

Bird,
Ya I did see that. Think that 255 would fit in my Ingersoll?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ Strange tractor
Re: Strange tractor-1953 Allis-Chalmers G

I see that eveything old is new agin. I have never seen anything like that Allis before, but I am new to tractors. For years I thought all tractors were like my fathers old IH "C".

18-29691-tractor.gif
18-30376-Paul.jpg

a-usa.gif

/ Strange tractor #9  
Bird,
Love the signature!

8-72214-signature.jpg

/ Strange tractor #10  
I see one of these in action near my home every once in a while and never knew it's origin. Thanks for the post. It does look quite strange but the one I've seen has a large belly mower and appears to cut very well. Can't quit thinking part of it is missing though...