Struck Gold Today

/ Struck Gold Today #31  
Yep, we used them for fence posts too.. they will outlast anyone living and on this site. You have to be ok with crooked fence posts though since it is hard to find a straigt limb on the tree. The wood is sringy and hard to spit. I have split a ton of it as a kid.

Not to mention you need to be sure to wear good eye protection when you try to drive fence staples into those posts.. But once you get the fence hung on those posts. You can forget about them.. As you say, that fencepost is going to be there when you are dead and gone, even if you put it in as a kid.

/ Struck Gold Today #32  
Yep, we used them for fence posts too.. they will outlast anyone living and on this site. You have to be ok with crooked fence posts though since it is hard to find a straigt limb on the tree. The wood is sringy and hard to spit. I have split a ton of it as a kid.
Yep, long staples to drive in the cracks...short ones for no crack areas and baling wire when all else fails!

/ Struck Gold Today #33  
You sure that's hawthorne and not honey locust?

I guess I am not positive. It is what I have been told but I do not know for sure. i will have to dig into it.