Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee

/ Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee #1  

RonWade

I'm sure this has been posted but I cant seem to find it. I have a 1953 Ford Jubilee and the clutch is stuck. Before I go to all the trouble of breaking it apart, I was wondering if tere are some techniques that might try to free it. The tractor has been sitting for some time and I dont recall it being a problem when I ran it last. Had the tractor for a good while now but have never torn it down.

Thanks
Ron

/ Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee #2  
what i always do first is put it in about 3rd gear and hold down the clutch and crank it and drive a little and keep pusting the clutch and releasing it and also hit the breaks with the clutch pushed in

/ Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee #3  
About 50 years ago we had an old Ford 2 ton truck we kids got running - drove it with the clutch down until one day it just stopped in the middle of a field. Surprised us - more fun when you can shift it!!!!

/ Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee #4  
i'd block the clutch for a couple days and then come back and check. might just pop free in that time. otherwise.. put in 4th gear, and just repeatedly bump starter over with a screwdriver or other piece of metal right at the safety thumb switch.. all the while leaving the clutch blocked.

don't actually start it.. just keep bumping over. I popped my naa loose after setting up for 7-8 ys that way..

/ Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee
Some pretty good suggestions. I blocked the clutch today. I have to overhaul the carb and starter so it will sit a few days.

Any suggestions on where to buy parts? Would like to put this tractor back in top shape. I appreciate you help.
Ron

/ Stuck Clutch 1953 Jubliee #6  
there ar eplenty of places to get parts.

your dealer.. some small stuff from tsc.

ytmag.com ( one of my favorites )

valubuilt

just8ns

and if you need used stuff: john smith at Smith's Old Ford Tractors