stuck collar

/ stuck collar #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
I needed to swap grapple and bucket and when I went to pop the QD's one of the collars would not budge. It was NOT pressure since I had removed the connection completely. I ended up using a screw driver to push the collar far enough back so it would disconnect from the hose. Is this a messed up QD that I need to replace or is there something I can do to fix it.
I see a snap ring on the end or what looks like a snap ring. If I take this off can I take the QD apart and clean it up. Or should I just get another QD.
:confused:

Wedge

/ stuck collar #2  
Wedge...
Dirt, dust, sand about anything can get under the sliding collar and keep it from moving. Lightly rapping it with a chunk of wood, (hammer handle) should allow it to free up. Then spray it out with WD40. Try coupling and removing again... KennyV

/ stuck collar
Wedge...
Dirt, dust, sand about anything can get under the sliding collar and keep it from moving. Lightly rapping it with a chunk of wood, (hammer handle) should allow it to free up. Then spray it out with WD40. Try coupling and removing again... KennyV[/QUOTE

Already done that Kenny. I sprayed WD-40 in there and twisted the collar. It took a pipe wrench and cresent wrench to twist the collar. I think I'm going to just order a couple form DHH, and then I'll tear this one apart to see what happened.

Wedge

/ stuck collar
Upon closer inspection, the title should read. "Cracked Collar"

Wedge

/ stuck collar
your right... if it's cracked it will jam...

I wonder how it got cracked? I guess I really need to get the QD mount plate done so the hoses aren't just hanging around.

Wedge