Stuck in the mud? Try this!

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #11  
Actually that is a very old trick. When my dad was young and buried the tractor on a farm the old timer handed him a length of 4X4 and a piece of chain and said hear this is all you need to get out see if you can figure it out. He said it took him a while to figure it out but he said he finally realized to chain it to the side of the tire LOL. Old timers seem to love to watch the young try to figure stuff out. Now that I have gotten older I too just give a couple of clues and my the youth figure it out. The is no sense in just giving you all the answers to your problems

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #12  
Thanks for the Link, that was way cool !!

Vic

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #13  
Timber is right, that idea is in the WWII field manual for getting jeeps unstuck. :p They may have had an old field manual left by the US Army, when they were visiting their country in their crossing of Europe, AGAIN.:D Be interesting to know just where they were.:confused:

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #14  
Birdhunter1 said:
Not a bad idea till the wheels spin the tractor over backwards instead.

Mornin Birdhunter,
I think the trick is to only have the boards long enough to just go past the outside diameter of the tire ! Myself, Ill stick with FWD ! ;)

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #15  
Timber is correct that it is an old trick. I saw it done nearly 40 years ago by my Uncle with his tractor on his farm. He told me that he fist learned of it in the 1920’s when roads were not paved and he had seen cars with spoke wheels rescued that way.

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #16  
Podunkadunk said:
All I've learned about 4x4 is sometimes it gives me a false sense of security...and when I do get stuck...I'm REALLY stuck in a bad way!

Yeah, but once you learn it's limitations you'll be glad you have it.

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #17  
Jstpssng said:
Yeah, but once you learn it's limitations you'll be glad you have it.

Very true. Did you see the limitations that guy had? He was stuck even when he wasn't buried in mud. It looked like once he got out of the hole he was dragging a huge load, the wheels kept spinning. Maybe that was some very slippery dirt, maybe he needs new tires. Anyway you look at it, the tractor was all but useless in those conditions.

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #18  
Where are you Safety Police, Time for the Safety Police to come tell us how that is soooooo unsafe, you shouldn't show that link, people will try this and get hurt!!! If this is a joke, it's not a joking matter, people could get maimed and crippled!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I liked it.

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #19  
You got that right,something that has been in use since before the 20's is I'm sure outlawed by OSHA...

/ Stuck in the mud? Try this! #20  
That mud looks like the kind that smells really bad.