stuck pin

/ stuck pin #31  
Try greasing in several different positions and with grease gun attached and under pressure move the cylinder.

/ stuck pin #32  
If you are going to use heat extend the rod out as this gets the piston away from that end. Next the heat has to be fast so it does not soak into the pin. A cutting torch is what you would use as tip temp on a neutral flame is 6000 degrees. Have help and as you start heating have a friend tapping. Once you start with heat you need to finish as anything you heat will be a bit smaller when it cools, thus the bushing will be even tighter on the pin if you do not get it out. Have a garden hose handy in case the cyl gets warm or a small fire starts. Big heat fast is the only way. I have been a welder since finishing high school, now 70 yrs old
Yep that quick concentrated heat is the way. No heat gun or map gas will creat the fast expansion that is required.

/ stuck pin #33  
Is there any way you can turn the pin around
for a 180 degrees?? If the pin is wore you
could have a ridge as its now and by turning
the ridge would be up and be less trouble
driving it out??? using a pipe wrench???

willy

/ stuck pin
Thanks for suggestions guys. As soon as I get over foot surgery, I will be out in the workshop.

/ stuck pin #35  
Thanks MT. Have already unscrewed, and even replaced the zerk fitting. Even acquired one of those grease joint rejuvenators, didn't help. If the pin is solid, I can pound it out appropriately, but didn't know if it was. Certainly seems so, but didn't want to do the wrong thing to start off. Like I said, already removed the clip and tapped some, but didn't budge. Was hoping someone could confirm it is solid and ok to hit harder. BTW, know where I could get an exploded parts list ?
Look at post #3, it's all right there for ya!

/ stuck pin #36  
Heat the pin until it is very hot. Concentrate the heat on the pin and then spray it with cold water. If it is a corrosion problem that will often shock them loose. If you use a rejuvenator make sure it is filled with quality penetrant and not oil or a water disperser. I have hit them with my dynamite gun filled with Kroil daily and it may take a few days but rarely am I not able to get them to take grease. If it has a wear ridge then that's a new ballgame. That's when the o2 lance comes out.