Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt? #101  
You probably won't believe this but priests are no more likely to be pedophiles than religious from other faiths and less likely than the population as a whole.

I don't defend anyone who does that. I'm with Florida on how to handle.
I took priests to mean anyone in a position of power through religion - deacons, ministers, preachers, monks ...

/ Student Loan Debt? #102  
You probably won't believe this but priests are no more likely to be pedophiles than religious from other faiths and less likely than the population as a whole.

I don't defend anyone who does that. I'm with Florida on how to handle.
All I know is that no 6th grader should hear that Father****** just took “so and so” out the the vestibule and felt him up….. and as a young guy, me and multiple kids heard that similar story more times than I can remember.

And in that era, those kinds of actions were way beyond our very innocent and limited imaginations….

I was just very fortunate that I was not one of the popular boys!

/ Student Loan Debt? #103  
During the 2016-2017 academic year, there were 29,298 total deaths among college students aged 18-24 in the United States. 29% of college student deaths are due to accidents, and 22% are due to suicide. One study found that 83% of college students believe that they are at low risk of death during their college years.
Where'd you find that stat?

/ Student Loan Debt? #104  
During the 2016-2017 academic year, there were 29,298 total deaths among college students aged 18-24 in the United States. 29% of college student deaths are due to accidents, and 22% are due to suicide. One study found that 83% of college students believe that they are at low risk of death during their college years.
They are at low risk of death during their college years.

Using those stats, 29,298 deaths among the approximately 15,400,000 college age students comes out to about 0.19%.

Considering the average annual death rate for all US population is around 0.95% each year, they're far less likely to die in college than the rest of the population.

/ Student Loan Debt? #105  
They are at low risk of death during their college years.

Using those stats, 29,298 deaths among the approximately 15,400,000 college age students comes out to about 0.19%.

Considering the average annual death rate for all US population is around 0.95% each year, they're far less likely to die in college than the rest of the population.

Well; not arguing that one way or another; but I would hope general population has a higher death rate... Not many 70+ year Olds in college, and we better have a bit more than 1% general population dieing off every year, or we are in real trouble.

/ Student Loan Debt? #106  
Just an example I'll use Notre Dame. Only because I live here, it's easily accessible history.

From here: A Cave of Candles 19

"In 146 years, there were a total of 77 unnatural deaths on campus (accidents, drownings and suicides). The number surprised me and yet it would not have been unusual for a small city such as Notre Dame"

Only 13 were suicides, the rest accidental or drownings. There are 2 lakes on the campus.

/ Student Loan Debt? #107  
Just an example I'll use Notre Dame. Only because I live here, it's easily accessible history.

"In 146 years, there were a total of 77 unnatural deaths on campus (accidents, drownings and suicides). The number surprised me and yet it would not have been unusual for a small city such as Notre Dame"

Only 13 were suicides, the rest accidental or drownings. There are 2 lakes on the campus.
Hope no drownings in the baptismal!

/ Student Loan Debt? #108  

But statistics are easy to twist.
Since suicide is greatly frowned on by the Church there is a likelihood that some were reclassified.

/ Student Loan Debt? #110  
Well; not arguing that one way or another; but I would hope general population has a higher death rate... Not many 70+ year Olds in college, and we better have a bit more than 1% general population dieing off every year, or we are in real trouble.
Best I can find > US birthrate per day 10k. Death rate 7.5k